In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

re-discovered an old beer

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
I was at the beer distributor tonight buying some 40s when I saw shlitz beer. havnt had it in about a year and had to have it. boy all 8 of um hit the spot.

" If Guns kill people I can start blaming my pencil for mispelled words" Larry The Cable guy

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    buying some 40's[?] What's up with that, what about 12 ounces?

I think I had some of that shlitz a long time ago, seems to me it was like Keystone, water. [:0][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Bush Beer, Keystone, Natural lite, michelobe ultra. why not just drink water.[xx(] Head you musta' been real thiristy Man.[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Bush Beer, Keystone, Natural lite, michelobe ultra. why not just drink water.[xx(] Head you musta' been real thiristy Man.[;)]

I like bush, warm or cold [;)]. busch light in the summer anything full flavored in the winter. has anyone tryed Camo 900 or Stihl Reserve 211?

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I keep a couple of steel reserves hidden in the back of the fridge. No matter how much my supply get raided, the perps always seem to leave those Steel Reserves alone.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I disagree about the Natural lite. that beer is cheap and has a real high alcohol content so its alot better than say coors lite thats water

" If Guns kill people I can start blaming my pencil for mispelled words" Larry The Cable guy
    edited November -1
    I'll give my vote of confidence to Natee
    edited November -1
    Ooops your right ben it is "steel" reserve. That stuff has some serious kick. The camo 900 has a real similar flavor but is not so heavy. And I actually picked it up at a gas station down by you, ben, one that is right off the interstate right next to the college.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    And I actually picked it up at a gas station down by you, ben, one that is right off the interstate right next to the college.

And to think, you were that close to having a friend buy it for you.[V][;)]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was back home a few weeks ago and saw Stag beer which my dad drank for years. Got me a six, it tasted like it did back then[xx(][xx(]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    Around here we refer to Stag as a complete meal. Steak, Taters, And Gravy.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    So when are we going to get together and have some beers? taco,ENOS and ben. we all live fairley close within an hour giver take.

edited November -1
    Anytime but this weekend, my oldest daughter turns 15 tomorrow so doin the b-day thang. Then possibly sending her to a convent, or drink more[:D]

edited November -1
    I'm in...just tell me the date.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Anytime but this weekend,

This weekend is bad for me too, I am re roofing the house and building the front porch roof. But I do think we should work it out before to long. Suggestions on where to go?

edited November -1
    A BAR [:D][:D][:D][:D]

edited November -1
    I give one vote for Mattoon/Charleston.[8D]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's an oldie...has anyone seen Buckhorn Beer lately? My dad used to have it stocked in the fridge when I was young. Probably don't make it anymore?
    edited November -1
    I've heard of it Zuke, but I've never had one. It's probably still around somewhere.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Little Kings RULE!!! Think I may have to go get some before I start hammering on the house this evening. [:p][:p][:p][:p]

edited November -1
    bang, do you remember when Little Kings came in regular sized cans?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    bang, do you remember when Little Kings came in regular sized cans?

Ben

I do.

What was it that was in the short fat green bottles that had the big mouth to drink from. I'm thinking we always called them Mickey's Big Mouths, but don't know if that was the correct name or not.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    That was them Susp.

edited November -1
    You beat me to it taco. [:D] I was out searching to satisfy my wondering mind. [:D][:D]

here it is

[:(!] can't get the picture to work [}:)]

mickeys.jpg

got it [:p]
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shiner Bach and an olive.( Okie Martini )With a tequila chaser .OOOOOOO slobber slobber drool .[:o)]

MLMorgan
  • carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see you all posting about Steel Reserve 211. Just a little FYI that is not the number 211 it is the sign for steel. just thought i would let ya'll know,