In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Planted 3 Food Plots Today

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
edited October 2007 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
I use the rake to remove the natural vegetation, then spread lime, seed, lightly rake and hope for rain.

2007_0728deer0001.jpg

2007_0728deer0002.jpg

2007_0728deer0004.jpg
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Hope ya get some rain to getter goin'.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Food plot is growing but had a slow start. I need some rain.

2007_0824food0005.jpg
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    well thoughs thunderstorms that went through saratoga county brought u some rain not good steady rain but rain nunn the less
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not even a quarter inch in the rain guage. It came and went so fast that it did almost nothing.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    you need too do a rain dance Bud..[B)] Lots of work no portable water around ???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    3000 acre parcel and I don't have the time to get out there everyday with work and life.......they always seem to get in the way of things !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    3000 acre parcel and I don't have the time to get out there everyday with work and life.......they always seem to get in the way of things !
    can you set up some kinda plastic condensation system hate to see you lose the plot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is my first try at food plots. I am no farmer......I learned a little and have a better game plan for next spring. The shady spots are doing much better then the ones in the open sunlight. I am going to try to water them at least once a week also. A friend of mine cover his seed with straw. Germination was incredible. Ours were planted the same week but his is almost 6 inches taller and much thicker. Straw and H2O next year.........
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey man at least your out ther doing it and you have learned some important things I wish you all the best.... Now rain already.....[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Over the last 24 hours the deer hammered my food plots to death. Only 2 of them grew, and 1 was really nice. It was Biologic Max, it looked like beets. The deer pulled them out and ate everyone of them. They hit it at night so I never did see them in the plot but the tracks are incredible. I plan on making the plots much bigger next year !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    Over the last 24 hours the deer hammered my food plots to death. Only 2 of them grew, and 1 was really nice. It was Biologic Max, it looked like beets. The deer pulled them out and ate everyone of them. They hit it at night so I never did see them in the plot but the tracks are incredible. I plan on making the plots much bigger next year !

I'll have to remember that for next year. Thanks for the update.