In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Well, I stuck a buck.....

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
But did not find a drop of blood. It was pushing it as dark as it was getting. I could see him and my pin sight well, so I took the shot.

Decent 6 pointer. I actually drew on a nice 8 pointer when a big bruiser 10 pointer came tearing around the corner chasing a big doe. I couldn't get him to come any closer and the 8 pointer walked away.

I shot the 6'r, heard two thumps. Arrow went through him and stuck 2" into a walnut tree. Arrow had blood, meat, and hair on it. I thought I had a good shot.

Took the dog out, spent 3 hrs trying to find a trail....nothing. [V]

Some friends of mine are headed out there right now..
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    Good luck. If you can't find anything tonight, there is tomorrow morning. Keep at it.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, I would give it tomorrow morning as well take the dog again that could help. Did you see your arrow hit the deer?
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If i was still there i would have been a phone call away.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    meat sounds like you may have hit him a bit far back.. best of luck in recovering him..
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    If i was still there i would have been a phone call away.

I know, I appreciate it. Some friends of mine were ready to go out there at around 10pm last night.

I'll be out there again tonight. I think I hit too high. Thing is, he crossed a fence and went into a thicket, I could hear him hit the ground in the thicket though.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    meat sounds like you may have hit him a bit far back.. best of luck in recovering him..

I was thinking a loin shot. Lots of meat right under the back bone, and you'll never find a drop of blood unless you hit an artery.

Ben