In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what bow

stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
Im thinking about getting into bow hunting dont have big money was thinking about $500.00 would that get a good bow and the acceries to get started

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mission X3 with a QAD rest Cobra Sidewinder sight, Gold tip XT hunter arrows, and a TRUball release would come in about $500. I just set one up for my wife this last summer. She really likes it and shoots it well.

If you want a $500 bow, then my recommendation would be to get a used Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, or what ever you like, just a year old. There should be plenty of 1 or 2 year old bows coming up soon as the new models are slated to hit the shelves in the next 2 months.

Good luck
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get a brand new PSE Nova setup for that range and still pick up a target, arrows, and broadheads.

Great bows!
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    BowTech TomKat. They come completely set up for @ $550.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find w/e you like and try shooting it. I tried shooting a bowtech once and hated it personally, my bear bow is light but the draw is still pretty heavy. I just put wally world accesorries on the bad bow, limbsavers, cobra sight, etc. [8D] I wanted a matthews but Im a college student lol
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Mission X3 with a QAD rest Cobra Sidewinder sight, Gold tip XT hunter arrows, and a TRUball release would come in about $500. I just set one up for my wife this last summer. She really likes it and shoots it well.

If you want a $500 bow, then my recommendation would be to get a used Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, or what ever you like, just a year old. There should be plenty of 1 or 2 year old bows coming up soon as the new models are slated to hit the shelves in the next 2 months.

Good luck

I agree with him.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Mission is a Mathews product, can't go wrong.
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    If you have a Gander Mountain near you they are clearencing all of thier 2007 Diamond bows right now.

I have a Diamond justice I got 2 months ago they now have them on clearence for $349 they are a nice bow and they are only 31 1/2 inches axle to axle so they are a good tree stand bow[;)]
  • stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A freind of mine told me about the nova I think I will take a look at them thanks for all the help
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Diamond is another good line. Bowtech product.