In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lost $20

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
I was walking out today along the river. Stepped out in the CRP ground and spotted a doe walking thru it. I knelt down and got ready to see what she was gonna do. She just kept getting closer. She stopped at what I though was 30 yrds. I drew back. There was some brush blocking the body. Her neck looked sooo inviting. Put the pin on her and released. Arrow sailed right over her neck. She jumped, spun, and ran about 20 yrds. She started coming right at me. I grabbed another arrow and draw back. There is a bush about five feet from me. It is blocking me from her sight. It is also blocking her from my sight. She just kept coming. She stopped right behind the bush. She is no more than 7 feet away and I have no clear shot at all. She takes one more step and either finally made me out or smelled me at 6 feet. Either way, She took off. It was a fun five minutes until I realized that there was no way in heck that I was going to find my arrow in the CRP grass. Looked and looked but nothing. Took my son out later and we still had no luck.
There goes the arrow, broadhead, and LumNok. I wish I could get out there after dark to see if the LumNok shows up but I can't tonight. That grass and brush is so thick that I doubt that I could see it anyway.

Comments