In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is this setup a good deal?

Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've finally convinced myself that I'm going to buy a bow. I'm wondering what you guys think of this bow & setup. The guy is asking $250.

Reflex
Split-Limb
Single Cam
26-30 inch draw length
50-60 lbs (64lbs at the moment)
New string at the beginning of the year
Quicktune Two Prong Arrow rest
Tru-Glow 3 Pin Sight with Meta G5 Peep
5 Arrow Quiver
Scott Release

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really depends on the bow. If its a single cam, its more then a few years old.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's about 6 years old I just found out. The string is new, as is the Meta G5 Peep, the release has been used once, and the string loop is new.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't heard anything about Reflex bows, what is your guys' opinions about them?
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I don't know about reflex bows, but I do know that a brand new PSE Nova would probably be faster than any 6 year old bow, and it would be about $250 including accessories.

Ben
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Huntingnerd33
    I haven't heard anything about Reflex bows, what is your guys' opinions about them?

Up until this year, all the Reflex bows have been retired Hoyt bows except for the limbs have been solid and not laminated. They are all magnesium bows, which should make them nice and quiet. Usually they are new $350 and up. I think you could find a one or two year old Reflex for the same price. If it was the only bow I had, I would shoot it in though. :)