In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Great Day

HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
Yesterday was awesome. It was 32 degrees when I climbed up in the stand. I know the rut is going, so I was pretty pumped. I heard a couple of deer walk by me while it was still dark, but then it got light out, and nothing. Until 9:00 am that is. Then it was like someone flipped a switch. I had three does come in. As I was drawing on the biggest one, I heard something behind me. I looked and there was a 4 point standing there. They have to have 4 points on one side to be legal in the county that I am hunting in, so I went back to the doe. I think it was the same doe that I had missed earlier. I let the arrow go and she took off with the others in tow. The four-point just watched the whole thing. I heard her crash down, and then things got really exciting. A seven point came charging through the woods and saw the four standing there, and the seven took a run at him. They both took off into the swamp and I got a couple of looks as the four was getting his tail kicked by that seven. As soon as they settled down, I had 2 more does come in. They weren't the same two that ran off earlier. I nocked another arrow and 5 minutes later, I had a 2nd doe in the bag. Things got a little quiet then, so I decided to go get the truck and drag those two out. It was 9:30.
I got to the truck and was taking my Scent Lok off when I looked up and saw another group of does down in one of the clearings about 120 yards off. I had my Contender in the truck, because I had planned on gun hunting in the afternoon. So, I took it out and loaded it. I layed down in the creedmore position and took aim at the biggest of the three. I pulled the trigger and she went down where she stood.
So, from 6-9 I didn't see a thing and then in 40 minutes I had 3 does on the ground. I spent the next 2 hours gutting and dragging, but it was worth it.
What a Great Day!

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Congrats. What a day for you. Get them pics. posted for team BowTech!
    Last night I saw nothing until 20 minutes left of shooting time. A heavy horned 8 was chasing one of three does. He was not interested in my grunts or the can. I had all intentions of going out today but my son woke up at 4 with the flu. He is old enough to take care of himself but I got it at 5. Thought about going out this afternoon but decided it would be better to just rest and see how I feel tomorrow morning.