In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tonight

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Went for a quick drive by road around my hunting property. On my property by the road there was a small buck watching a bigger buck, which wasn't that great, with 3 does. On down the road was the 8 that I saw last week with a doe. He is even with the outside of his ears but has some nice mass and is really tall. I would love to take him with my bow, hell I would love to take a doe with my bow, but that hasn't happened. Start firearm season Fri. The only deer I have had in bow range, I decided not to shoot. Hopefully this weekend will prove like years past and I will have a 20 yard shot, only with a gun in my hand. I am just hoping for a 125lb doe first thing since we are completely out of meat. I don't want to shoot a small buck with a firearm but I do have to fill the freezer. I have 2 tags and my son has one but a bird in the hand..... I am not going to be able to do the late season hunt this year cause the county that I hunted got hit with the same disease that Bang got hit with. The guy that I go with hunted there last week. He hunted hard all week and only saw 8. He talked to the neighbors and one said that they found 50 dead ones on their property. It will be freezer filling time this weekend I hope.

Comments