In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

how cold...

r1racingr1racing Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
Before you stop bow hunting? It is supossed to get down around 10 degrees this weekend and i'm not sure if i want to take my bow out hunting or my muzzleloader.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The years I didn't get a buck I hunted until season was out, which ended Jan 31st.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't know. Hasn't gotten to cold for me to hunt yet I don't think. Not to say this year won't be a first. I'm finding as I get older its harder to stay warm.[xx(]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by r1racing
    How cold...Before you stop bow hunting?

There isn't a commercially available thermometer that reads that temperature.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i guess that would be when hell freezes over
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I do it till the last day. It might not be as long as a warmer months day, but I am still out there.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My very first black powder season...which was during the first week in January at the time...opening day was -26F with several inches of snow. Cold yes but, it was such a beautiful day in the woods. The coldest I've bowhunted in in the last few years is somewhere near zero F.
    Layering the new cold weather gear available today will allow you, it does me, to hunt regardless of weather conditions. You can't harvest one from the couch...at least I can't.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:You can't harvest one from the couch...at least I can't

Down at the cabin you can...I mean you'll have to open a window first but it can be done. [:D]
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Down at the cabin you can...I mean you'll have to open a window first but it can be done. [:D]

No kidding!? You must live in paradise Bang....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

No kidding!? You must live in paradise Bang....

Couple years ago I tagged out opening day of gun season so I just hung out in the cabin while everyone else was out hunting. I had 2 doe walk by that were well with in bow range. Easily could have been shot out the window from the couch [:D].

I don't know if its paradise or not but I sure like it down there.