In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

very bad news...I think?

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well the guy that owns the property right next to where I hunt had 8 guys out pushing for him, they pushed all the property and some behind his, the two properties mine and his literally touch...him and his buddies killed 8 bucks. 2 Pope and young big bucks and a bunch of 1 1/2 deer. Got a 12 point with a drop tine, a 10 point with 10" g1's, and 4 six points and two spikes....sad day to me. Thats a lot of bucks for where I hunt, I'm sick to my stomache about it. Our herd just got smacked...[:(] How long in your guys opinion until we see nice ones again, 2-3-maybe even 4 years?

-hey bang think I can come to illi next year? lol but I'm serious [:(]

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats why I hate gun hunting in ohio, with a bleening passion. The things I have seen some gun hunters do just makes every hunter look bad.[:(!][:(!][:(!][xx(][V]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    Well the guy that owns the property right next to where I hunt had 8 guys out pushing for him, they pushed all the property and some behind his, the two properties mine and his literally touch...him and his buddies killed 8 bucks. 2 Pope and young big bucks and a bunch of 1 1/2 deer. Got a 12 point with a drop tine, a 10 point with 10" g1's, and 4 six points and two spikes....sad day to me. Thats a lot of bucks for where I hunt, I'm sick to my stomache about it. Our herd just got smacked...[:(] How long in your guys opinion until we see nice ones again, 2-3-maybe even 4 years?

Well, It looks like buckeys not coming to Illinois now [xx(] next year but we'll see what we can do to get you here. I can definately hook you up with some state ground hunting and place to stay. where that will be we'll need to wait til closer to next season to sea.

How much "roughin it" can you take. I mean my place isn't really "roughin" it cause I have power but no running water.

The state ground by my place down south we'll have to talk to Dren boy about cause I have never hunted it but I believe and could be wrong but I think that is where he got his 160" from.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the same problem where I hunt.
    I bow hunt all season, then opening day of gun, another group of hunters always come in and drive all day. This year they killed 11 deer, mostly button bucks, spikes and 4 pointers. They manage to kill a nice 9 pointer.
    I call them "Killers" - not "Hunters"
    Abort Cuomo
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HAHA BANG I CAN ROUGH IT PRETTY DANG GOOD IF YOU CAN PROMISE ME A 120" OR BETTER [;)]...sorry about caps lol but I mean I'd stay anywhere as long as there's a roof over my head man, problem is I'm broke and I'd have to pay using my own money so how much is it for a out of state license and tag for archery?

If we're talkin under 300 bucks I'm in, I would probobly just drive down if that'd be okay, get your number just get a good map and be on my way.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Well, It looks like buckeys not coming to Illinois now [xx(] next year but we'll see what we can do to get you here. I can definately hook you up with some state ground hunting and place to stay. where that will be we'll need to wait til closer to next season to sea.

How much "roughin it" can you take. I mean my place isn't really "roughin" it cause I have power but no running water.

The state ground by my place down south we'll have to talk to Dren boy about cause I have never hunted it but I believe and could be wrong but I think that is where he got his 160" from.

Bang, when I am most likely in Peoria next year, I will have to hit you up. [;)] Maybe some driving tractor for some hunting ground? Sound fair? lol seriously though.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Bang, when I am most likely in Peoria next year, I will have to hit you up. [;)] Maybe some driving tractor for some hunting ground? Sound fair? lol seriously though.

If I was you, I'd find a place around Peoria, Every year at the deer classic there are big'uns that come from there.
    edited November -1
    quote:If we're talkin under 300 bucks I'm in

I'd have to look to know for sure but I think they are just over $400.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1

A GUN I wouldent worry too much other mature bucks will move into that area. Although I personally dont agree with that hunting meathod sounds like they are just gun hunters and thats how they hunt.
    I have one opening for north dakota... anyone interested???
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

A GUN I wouldent worry too much other mature bucks will move into that area. Although I personally dont agree with that hunting meathod sounds like they are just gun hunters and thats how they hunt.

When, where (in ND), and how much?
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    ya, i know the feeling. our land is right up against public land. there is people driving it all gun season long. on the last day of gun season, we counted 31 people driving...in one group!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

When, where (in ND), and how much?
    north central north dakota about 1 hour out of Minot 30 miles from the Manitoba boader. includes all meals guides airport pick up
    Oct 5th -- 11th 2008 $2000 plus plane fare and licence I tink the licence is 200 so I thinking when all is said and done about $2700-$3000 a bit pricey but I have been to North dakota 3 tims and the hunting is awsome..www.dakotawhitetail.com
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent bang the pics of the big drop tine buck, if he posts it you will see why i wanna cry lol
    edited November -1
    Don't cry its just a baby. He needed a few more years to grow. Just hope he spread some genetics and they let them grow next time.[:D]
    I could be wrong hard to tell from a pic but what...maybe 3?

Nose isn't squared or very long. would need to check the teeth on the chart but I don't think its any older than 3 maybe a bit younger.

drop.jpg
    edited November -1
    Don't cry its just a baby. He needed a few more years to grow. Just hope he spread some genetics and they let them grow next time.[:D]

Nose isn't squared or very long. would need to check the teeth on the chart but I don't think its any older than 3 maybe a bit younger.

drop.jpg

looks like a 3 yr old. couple more years for him would have been nice.
  • jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He had a pretty nice drop! I saw a big bull with a nice drop, about 9" or better but I had done takin mine for the year.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jtmarine0831
    He had a pretty nice drop! I saw a big bull with a nice drop, about 9" or better but I had done takin mine for the year.

Nice spread, congrats!
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1

drop.jpg

by us he is a shooter. if you let him go, you would never see his again. deer hardly reach 3 years old[V]it sucks