In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Losing racks

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
On my drive home tonight in one of the herds that I saw there was what used to be a 6 point but it had lost one side already. I don't know if it had happened by accident or if it just dropped. It seems a little early if it is the latter.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    On my drive home tonight in one of the herds that I saw there was what used to be a 6 point but it had lost one side already. I don't know if it had happened by accident or if it just dropped. It seems a little early if it is the latter.
    One year I found 1/2 a six point rack shed in DEC then in march I saw another buck still had both sides so go figure I think it depends on each buck...
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have seen lost of fresh sheds this year already. Some half racks still running around, as well as sheds. Seems a little early this year, but only by a few weeks. I too have seen racks around in March, but that is not all that common. I agree it has to do with that deer, but that weather plays a part too.
  • 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    several years ago while gun hunting deer in PA, last week in Nov or 1st week of Dec. had a deer travel within 25 feet of me, its head looked strange and as it walked by I saw evidence "swinging in the breeze" that it was a buck ! Later heard that due to testosterzone levels the sub-ordinate bucks would loose their antlers early.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are losing them here already.
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A buddy of mine found a bloody, matching set 20 yards apart last Thursday...they scored 158" typical. Looks like that Booner should make it till next year!
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    A buddy of mine found a bloody, matching set 20 yards apart last Thursday...they scored 158" typical. Looks like that Booner should make it till next year!

Just don't shoot a BIG "doe". [:D]