In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What happend

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
No one is posting no stories nothing... aint gonna be no prize for no stories....[:(]

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do they have to be success stories? I got lots of stories...
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    Ditto on the non successful stories. So far the only shot that I've had was on a forkie that turned out to be a 5 pt. I had him at 15 yrds. and let him walk. He came back 1 hour later and I had him at 30 yrds. It was about the 3rd week of Oct. and I really didn't want to shoot a small buck that early in the season. I had told myself that I was going to shoot anything since my archery hunting has been me watching deer too far away or me letting small bucks walk by as of late. I depend on gun season for the family meat and buw hunt because I just love to be out. The weekend after I let him walk, I told my hunting partner that 3 strikes and he's out. I was going to drill him and put some meat in the freezer. He called me on the radio and said "I just drilled your forkie." He got 22 packages of burger which range in the 1-1/2 lb range. Plus all the steaks, loins and roasts. The whole time we were butchering I was thinking that this could have been all mine.
    During gun season on the first day I let a half racked buck walk and finally got a nice doe. It is looking like I will be eating 3 tag stew. That is not counting my sons tags. So I guess it will be 5 tag stew. I have 2 weekends to hunt yet. I am still trying.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the only stories I have are about other successfull hunters.[:(]
    I'll put up some pics of my friends 150s class buck when he gets it back from the taxidermist.
    The prick...
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I am all out of stories, sorry. I haven't been in the woods for over a month.[:(]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    I am all out of stories, sorry. I haven't been in the woods for over a month.[:(]

I'll be out shed hunting soon.[8D]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got to get a chance to get in the woods before i can have a hunting story
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    No one is posting no stories nothing... aint gonna be no prize for no stories....[:(]

I'm done bow hunting both tags were filled...[:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    sucess dosent mean a kill just share your expierence.I have had way more hunts that I diddent even see a deer but had a great time just being out there.. Going out this afternoon... some does have been comming in every day...
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    does sitting on the side of the road with a broke down truck in a neighborhood where you don't need to be count or head up to where we been camping to find out the park is closed for remodeling my luck this year has gone from back to worst been in the woods 3 times and have only seen 2 little one and a doe about 100 yrds away but still have 3 more weekends so maybe i get a chance to get there