In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

deer contest rueling needed...

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok Here is the story. My Hoyt is all set up for spots and I had one last chance to get out. I borrowed a friend's Bow and got a deer... but it was with a Mathews. Am I still able to enter this as a Team Hoyt deer, or am I stuck with the one I entered earlier?

Comments

• Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dsco you will be tried for treason.[B)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Id have to say regretably your stuck thats the rule but congrads on the deer... If you were on my team well maybe we could reconsider[:D][:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here it is anyway... crappy phone picture, but it was all I had.
    doe.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Here it is anyway... crappy phone picture, but it was all I had.
    doe.jpg
    I was just razzing ya it's up to the moderators..
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Doesn't matter to me, you shot it. We just split teams by bow for fun. Glad you decided to use a good bow to get the job done. [:D][;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Doesn't matter to me, you shot it. We just split teams by bow for fun. Glad you decided to use a good bow to get the job done. [:D][;)]
    My MY aren't you the little Diplomat[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    My wife says I'm a little something but that's not usually the word that follows.[:D]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    My wife says I'm a little something but that's not usually the word that follows.[:D]

Does it end in hole or head?[:D]
    edited November -1
    Well then I guess that will finish up my 100 points for the contest.

As for the wife calling ME something it is always a big something or other... Again not necessarily a good word following it.
  • 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a moderator but refer you to rule # 10.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 47studebaker
    You got a point
    10. You and your bow must be somewhere in the picture. I personally dont care but good point. by the looks of the feedback post and story I dont feel anyone is really into it anyway.
    edited November -1
    I'm ok with what ever you guys decide. I am happy with my deer harvest, and that is what matters to me. This contest is just for fun.
    edited November -1
    I'm ok with what ever you guys decide. I am happy with my deer harvest, and that is what matters to me. This contest is just for fun.
    Hey man I really dont care, I'm real happy you got a deer and contributed to the contest thats the most important thing. he was just pointing out the rule. Bnk gave you the points and he;s the moderator so it's his call we decided that before the contest.. so cool beans.. Last two weekends here hope to whack a couple more does..see what happens..[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by 47studebaker
    You got a point
    10. You and your bow must be somewhere in the picture. I personally dont care but good point. by the looks of the feedback post and story I dont feel anyone is really into it anyway.

The rules that are used for this are rules I borrowed with permission from another archery site.

The wording "your bow" was used because there were questions 1 year as to whether some of the kills were actually gun kills and not bow. So it was just worded that way to try an help insure that they were bow kills by having the bow in the pic with the animal and the person that made the shot.

Hope that clarifies, I can see how it could be confusing though.
    edited November -1
    Hey man I really dont care, I'm real happy you got a deer and contributed to the contest thats the most important thing. he was just pointing out the rule. Bnk gave you the points and he;s the moderator so it's his call we decided that before the contest.. so cool beans.. Last two weekends here hope to whack a couple more does..see what happens..[;)]

I'm going this weekend too, this is our last bow weekend and it is VERY depressing. gonna have to focus on some yotes for a while I guess.
    edited November -1

I'm going this weekend too, this is our last bow weekend and it is VERY depressing. gonna have to focus on some yotes for a while I guess.
    You guys dot have till the 31st of January
    edited November -1

You guys dot have till the 31st of January

17th for bow, there is a 3 day gun season, antlerless only, next weekend then its over til Oct.
    edited November -1
    you cant hunt with the bow in the 3 day gun if you wear orange???
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I think studebaker was pointing out the fact that dsco's ugly mug wasn't anywhere in the picture, not that it wasn't his bow.
    Personally, I don't care one way or the other. I am still disappointed that I didn't connect with a bone-head this year. I still may have one weekend to get out here in Cobb County. I just have to find a place to hunt.
    I am taking a kid and his dad out for their first ever small game hunt on Saturday though, so I am pretty stoked about that. I will post pics and a story on Sunday for you buckey![;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    I think studebaker was pointing out the fact that dsco's ugly mug wasn't anywhere in the picture, not that it wasn't his bow.
    Personally, I don't care one way or the other. I am still disappointed that I didn't connect with a bone-head this year. I still may have one weekend to get out here in Cobb County. I just have to find a place to hunt.
    I am taking a kid and his dad out for their first ever small game hunt on Saturday though, so I am pretty stoked about that. I will post pics and a story on Sunday for you buckey![;)]
    Your going to write a story just for me.. Your too kind[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote: I think studebaker was pointing out the fact that dsco's ugly mug wasn't anywhere in the picture, not that it wasn't his bow

Thanks, in my haze this morning I didn't catch that..

I'm in the giving mood though and since its just for fun anyway I'm gonna let him have it and give Dren boy his too.