In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lost a big doe

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Shot a huge doe tonite I hit a little high tough to see last light. all we could find was some Meat on a couple of leaves ... dont know what happened 22 yard chip shot guess I just messed up some how..no blood at all just real small peices of meat on two leaves.. looked for hours.. couldent find arroe either must be in her or I just couldent find it. Kinda bumming but thats bow hunting I guess..[:(][:(]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sorry man. I know the feeling.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the feeling as well...when your heart just drops...but it's okay man. Next time a deer steps out your heart will be back, I promise[:p]
  • Options
    BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would a lighted arrow nock help? if you thought it would, you could google "lighted arrow nock" and find the instruction video on you tube, making your own lighted nocks with bobber lights for about $4 total. Works better sometimes than the $10 ones you buy. May help find the animal if the arrow stays in and the trailing is tough. Just trying to help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BBQGUY
    Would a lighted arrow nock help? if you thought it would, you could google "lighted arrow nock" and find the instruction video on you tube, making your own lighted nocks with bobber lights for about $4 total. Works better sometimes than the $10 ones you buy. May help find the animal if the arrow stays in and the trailing is tough. Just trying to help.
    Had a luminock on the arrow it went out some how when the arrow hit the deer.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BBQGUY

I have thought about trying to make one of those, I've seen the video before and it looks fairly simple. Have you made any?
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have made them. Real easy... maybe not as easy as the video shows, but less than 10 min and you have it done. I use fletch glue rather than super glue, but it is nearly the same stuff anyway.

It does not matter what color nock you use, the light makes the tracer color. I have used green and orange nocks with a red light and get orange tracer color. I tried a green nock with a yellow light once. That was much brighter. Make them up however you like, and enjoy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I have made them. Real easy... maybe not as easy as the video shows, but less than 10 min and you have it done. I use fletch glue rather than super glue, but it is nearly the same stuff anyway.

It does not matter what color nock you use, the light makes the tracer color. I have used green and orange nocks with a red light and get orange tracer color. I tried a green nock with a yellow light once. That was much brighter. Make them up however you like, and enjoy.
    Yep with thill bobber light made a bunch myself they work good. Ive had good luck with the luminocks too. I think I hit her high.