In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sorry to all those...

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who shoot a matthews...being as I shot a few with the vectrix and love how they look, I'm in...for a HOYT. I just think its my best option...sorry sure, bang, buckey....lol. But thanks to all who gave me input for a bow, I shoot regularly but was indeed looking for a better option. Gonna scope out bows from now until about the end of august, then make a decision and a purchase.

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is the best way to get the bow that is right for you. Shoot what you like, not what everyone else does.

As a side note the Vectrix is an awesome bow. I love mine.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Shoot what you like, not what everyone else does.

Not being a smart *, and the question is for anyone who wants to answer. Have you ever known anyone to purchase a bow just because everyone else has one?

I personally have not. And if I did I think I would have to point at them and laugh out loud for being foolish. [:D]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Not being a smart *, and the question is for anyone who wants to answer. Have you ever known anyone to purchase a bow just because everyone else has one?

I personally have not. And if I did I think I would have to point at them and laugh out loud for being foolish. [:D]

I actually knew a guy that did. When I was living in SC there was a guy who hunted on the Weapons Station with us. Some of the guys had gotten Mathews Q2s and were scoring on some big bucks. He went out and bought one. He had never bow-hunted in his life, but he was convinced that he would shoot a big-un now that he had a Q2.
    He was also the same guy that bought a Knight muzzleloader because a guy killed a big nine-point with one the week before. He traded the Knight in on an Encore later that same season because of the the huge 10 point that was killed with one. He definately had more money than brains.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's just craziness and amusing at the same time. Definitely deserves the point and laugh treatment. ROFLMAO.gif
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    That's just craziness and amusing at the same time. Definitely deserves the point and laugh treatment. ROFLMAO.gif

Which he routinely got!

He also got a butt chewing from my wife.[:D]
    On base there were permanent stands scattered throughout the different units. These were available on a first-come, first-served basis. We were also allowed to bait. I had put up a stand just off of a power line that I wanted to hunt one evening. My wife decided that she wanted to hunt with me that night. One of the permanant stands was located just inside the woods on the other side of the powerline from my stand. I had game warden duty that night, so we were the first ones to check in. Of course she signed in to hunt that stand. When he showed up, he started pitching a fit because he had been putting corn out at that stand for a couple of weeks and wanted to hunt it. I told him sorry, but it is first-come, first-served. He started yelling about preferental treatment and then signed up to hunt the stand that was up the power-line a ways.
    When I sent everyone into the woods, I locked up the office and hung around a couple of minutes to make sure there weren't any stragglers.
    Well, we drove down to the powerline and parked. When we turned the corner and looked down the powerline, this azzhat had parked his truck in the powerline right where the stand that my wife was going to hunt in sits. We are talking 20 yards away. I was pretty pissed. I told her to shoot it and then say she was shooting at a running deer and must have missed. She told me to calm down, that she would handle it. To top it all off, the idiot got down out of his stand early, thereby scaring off any deer that were in the powerline and any that were going to it during the "magic hour". I guess this is what finally did it, because when we got back to the skinning rack to check everyone out, she let him have it. It was pretty funny to watch my 5'2" 105lb. wife lay into his fat * for 20 minutes. Then, when he stood up and began to threaten her to have 15 guys surround him and convince him that if he touched her that what they would do to him would be peanuts compared to what I would do to him and "No one would see a thing".
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate guys like that, a few times I have gone to a stand and noticed someone else in it lol. Or noticed someone has hung a stand within 75 yards of my portable [?] I mean c'mon man, its like the only reason they decided to hunt there was because they saw my stand there and thought hey, DEER. Also have had guys walk within 20 yards of me in gun season and not even give a whistle or a wave...love them guys.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean. I lease a good piece of property. I'm am pretty much surronded by river. This one azzhat that has property on the other side decided that it was easier to drive thru my property, cross the river over ford, then park on the other side.
    He drove right down the middle of my property instead of driving around the lane on the borders of my property. By parking just across the river at the ford, he blocked any deer that would have come that way.
    I talked to the landlord who, runs a accounting business in town, and he didn't want to make to many waves. He has his business and also the guy might have a easement. The easement would be thru his cow pasture though. A pain for him. I thought that I would talk to the guy but every time that he came out, he would drive right by us and not stop to see how we did, tell us how he did, kiss my * nothing.
    Did I mention that this AZZHAT is deputy county sherrif. No one that you want to piss off unless you want stopped everyday. `
    I ended up totally blocking the path he was taking.
    I had talked to him early in the year after he bought the property. I told him that if he shot one and needed to come on my property to find it no problem. He acted like that was his right and didn't offer my offer back.
    High fences make good neighbors!

That is my way of saying........(*&% U
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Happens all the time where I frequent. Guys come in and want a Mathews because they heard they were the best, or because their buddy has one or that is what they always shoot so not going to look at anything else. Very closed minded shooters here in Rochester, MN.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

Happens all the time where I frequent. Guys come in and want a Mathews because they heard they were the best, or because their buddy has one or that is what they always shoot so not going to look at anything else. Very closed minded shooters here in Rochester, MN.

I chose Mathews for many reasons but I am by no means brand loyal. It wasn't my first bow but has been the last 2. No idea what the next one will be, we'll have to see whats out there when the time comes.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    got a bowtech tribite I'll sell ya cheap... [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    got a bowtech tribite I'll sell ya cheap... [;)]

How cheap is cheap? How big a hurry are you in to get rid of it? got pics?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    225 tyd I can take pix has some wear on camo but no big defects.. shoots real good sold back wall the best part is the draw lenth is adjustable... Im sorry its the patriot
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by but no big defects.. shoots real good its the patriot let me look for a photo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I'm sorry its the patriot

Sent ya an email back.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was really impressed with that marquis what a nice little bow diddent shoot it but it actually felt more comfortable than the drenalin . Fight the urge Buckey[:0] fight it! fight it![:D]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shot Bear's, Hoyt's and a Reflex until I tested the Switchback XT that I now own![:0]...and will have for a while!!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was really impressed with that marquis what a nice little bow diddent shoot it but it actually felt more comfortable than the drenalin . Fight the urge Buckey[:0] fight it! fight it![:D]

NuGuyinCrew, who doesn't post very often if he's reading this [:D], Said the Marquis felt like a tuning fork.
  • Options
    edited November -1

NuGuyinCrew, who doesn't post very often if he's reading this [:D], Said the Marquis felt like a tuning fork.
    why? does he have a marquis?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well he was looking for a new bow before his wife said new kitchen first. He shot the Marquis and the Bowtech General. Said the Marquis felt like a tuning fork and the General felt like air. he shot the Marquis first I believe.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HMMMMM thats good to know.. I just put 70# lims on my dren last night its smokin.....[;)]