In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BBQ's BUCK, bigger pics : )

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
imagesf7.th.jpg

Nice shootin BBQ, what'd the bruiser score?

Comments

• Options
    BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't score him. He's at the taxidermist right now. Got any guesses? He's my best buck ever. He has two points on his left base that are two inches long. I'll try to get a close up pic off my phone tomorrow. What was really great is that my wife was 40 yrds away in another stand and watched me harvest him.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    not a great photo to judge score but WOW Crappy guess high 140's congrads dosent matter what he scores because you scored man great Buck[;)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nice shooting!!! Congrats!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hope my other pics show up tonight. I sent them to the fella who posted the first one for me. One is a close up of the head. Notice the two kickers at the left base. They are 2 inches long each. I belong to the new PETA organization,

P- please
    E- eat
    T- the
    A- animals
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent the pics to bang, hope you didn't mind BBQ. I kept having them turn out like a small pic, so he will get them up and regular sized for us. Once again, GREAT BUCK.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your help. Just wanted too get the rest of them up for those interested. Any husband and wife teams around?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BBQGUY
    Thanks for your help. Just wanted too get the rest of them up for those interested. Any husband and wife teams around?

funny you should ask. I was done hunting as of this past weekend and for some reason my wife wants to go this weekend, although its a firearm season I would have thought bow would be more fun for her but whatever, its the first time ever that she has made any indication that she had any type of interest in it. Not sure if she just wants to go to see what its all about or if its just to get out of the house. Either way its gonna be fun. Maybe I can get her out early bow season next fall............... when its warmer and you don't have to have layers on. [:D]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Congrads awsome animal.. and welcome to our little nut house...[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Words of advice. If they get cold they won't enjoy it. Get them the best/warmest camo you can afford. A warm hat, good boots and a hand muff that is camo was the best thing I ever purchased for her. Cold hands, head or feet just don't hack it with them. But, she is the best hunting partner I ever had. She was as happy as I was when I harvested my buck above. Enjoy!
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BBQGUY

When I can get her out of bed!

She doesn't bow hunt yet, but I am working on that.

We went home (my home, not hers) to MN for Christmas. While we were there, we went to Cablelas. She ended up spending more on camo that I did!
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BBQguy that's a sweet buck, way to go bud!!![:p]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very Nice...Congrats[8D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Any husband and wife teams around?

Yep
    My wife bow /gun hunts with me...[:D]
    She would rather bow hunt,which is fine by me..
    Here is her 07 bow kill.
    [img][/img]GwensBuck07.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Glad to see you had a successful season. What state? Was your wife with you? Tree stand/ground blind? Go far? mechanical or fixed broadhead?
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a hard time getting hubby out of bed to hunt but then again hes been working 6 10's so sunday is his day to sleep