In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Squirrel Hunting

HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
This is for you Buckey!

This past weekend I took a good friend and his son squirrel hunting. Neither one had ever been before. He is a retired Marine. We started the day with a gun safety lesson and a little weapons familiarization. After that we got down to some serious tree-rat hunting.
We walked around for about 2 hours and then did some sitting. Unfortunately, we didn't see anything. It could have been due to having an excited 11 year old, but I doubt it. After about 4 hours, we decided to call it quits. On the way out, we decided that it wouldn't be a good day unless we did some shooting, so I went back to the truck and got some targets. The young man had never shot anything other than a BB gun, so he got a real kick out of shooting the .22 and the .410.
All it all, it was a great hunt! Here are some pics.

SquirrelHunting4.jpg

SquirrelHunting3.jpg

SquirrelHunting2.jpg

SquirrelHunting1.jpg

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know what I always noticed about tree rats? The fact that they are always around chipping and chirpping when you don't want to and when you do you can't find any. With that said, I loved the squirrel hunting I used to do.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    You know what I always noticed about tree rats? The fact that they are always around chipping and chirpping when you don't want to and when you do you can't find any. With that said, I loved the squirrel hunting I used to do.

+1
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice picks there Handgun!! Nothing better than hunting with a kid. Better luck next time.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Yep! Little rats! Climb a tree with a bow I bet you'll see several.[:D] Great Pics!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's how I started huntin' great way to get into the sport.