In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How does this happen 2 times in 2 weeks?

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Indoor leagues have started here. I am shooting the spot league again. My personal goal was to shoot 50X round. Well I did it the first week with a 299 50X. Now last night I shot round 2... 299 52X. WTH? Anyone who shoots 50X should have 300's all the time. Both arrows I put out of the 5 ring were not even close. Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    you're screwing up.

Ben
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 4 letters for ya. H O Y T[:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taco I will admit the only guy ahead of me now does shoot a Mathews, but also is Pro Staff, and shoots a full target setup. I am shooting Bowhunter! Then there are lots of Mathews guys behind me and even a Bowtech and PSE.

My wife shot well for her first attempt at it with her Mission bow. She shot 272, which is where I started 3 years ago.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since I am not shooting this year, I don't know how well I would have done. [:D] But the best score I have got was a 295 with 41x, guess where that 5 points dropped off from? Man was I mad. Hopefully in a few years when I get settled back down again in a good place to shoot I will start shooting indoors again. Its really fun, but you have to be tough mentally.

dcso, as far as what you did on those two shots. I think you need to stop worrying about the score, and hit the X, the 300's will come. At least thats what they say. [:D] But what would I know? I haven't done it yet.

The one thing that I have learned is if it doesn't feel right, let down. You have 3 minutes, plenty of time to shoot 5 arrows. Follow your shot sequence, get a good grip and pull through. You will be ok.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took me years to finally get a 300, when I did they started coming regularly. Best I ever had was 300-58X. A guy I shot with last year cleaned the table with 300's and always 56 or better including 2 60x. I'm still shootin my old Mathews conquest 2 and only thought recently about going to the new drenalin ld.