In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

luckey Doe

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Was sitting in the blind Saturday afternoon. Six deer came out to feed in our secrete little plot. one doe finally got within 19 yards but was facing me she finally turned broadside. Ihad been sitting for 3 hours put new 70 # limbs on the bow . well guess what first time in my life I could not pull that thing back for the life of me on the 3rd try I boogerd them off.... standing I have no problem.. going to drop back down for sitting in the blind.. I was actually laughing at myself saying you stupid nit. Oh well a happy deer.. My buddy and his son watched the whole thing came up said what happened. I explaind . needless to say got laughed at again[:I]

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    hahaha!

In all fairness though, it was pretty damn cold this weekend.

Ben
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First thing I do is draw back while sitting in the stand. If that makes sense, and yes it's much harder to draw sitting.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I can't laugh at ya, I've had issues pullin before too but mine was more just the fever. Had to get calmed down then it was all good. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Na I just bought the 70 limbs shot the doe last week same blind no problem at 60 must be getting old the doe was laughing too. gonna drop it back down for the last couple of hunts.. they are comming into our little area every day now.. hopefull this weekend we can put the smack down..[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buck how long is your hunting season? Ours is over...[:(]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    That happened to me one real cold morning. I was sitting in a plywood blind that I had made. A nice little 6 comes walking behind me at 15 yrds. I had been shivering for quite a while and I squat down to pull back and there was no way in heck it was gonna go.
    I waited for him to walk past, stand up and try again with the same ending. He still hadn't noticed me, so I give it the "Ole College Try". I give the string a good yank with my fingers and the arrow jumps off of my springy rest, makes one hell of a noise and he is gone.
    I'm standing there wondering what just happened. Grab the string and Presto, it draws back.
    2 years later I killed a nice buck from there. I like to think that it was the same one but I know it is not. I would make me feel better though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Our bow season runs straigt through fom Oct1 to Jan 31 reguardless of gun muzzle ect. Nice lone Bow season. late season can be great lots of der together. if you can pattern theeir feeding source then WHAMO[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Our bow season runs straigt through fom Oct1 to Jan 31 reguardless of gun muzzle ect. Nice lone Bow season. late season can be great lots of der together. if you can pattern theeir feeding source then WHAMO[;)]

Sweeeeeet!!!![:p]