In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buckey, ben

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I have a couple guys coming up to hunt with me next season. 1 from Oklahoma and one from Arkansas. Since you have both hunted Pope county do you have any input, suggestions, dos and don'ts? I still haven't been down there but hope to this spring to at least get an idea but since you have a better idea I thought I'd ask y'all.

I may keep them in Jefferson but not sure yet. My only thoughts there is that Jefferson is continually in the top 5 as far as harvest numbers go so I would think their chances of a shot might be better but that thinking may not be totally accurate.

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    well it was pouring rain and I cant say I saw a whole bunch of deer there. I personally would opt for Jefferson CO. Ben most likly will know better...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    well it was pouring rain and I cant say I saw a whole bunch of deer there. I personally would opt for Jefferson CO. Ben most likly will know better...

When you comin back? 09-10 season? I'm hoping to get some things taken care of this year so by next I can be ready for that hog hunt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

When you comin back? 09-10 season? I'm hoping to get some things taken care of this year so by next I can be ready for that hog hunt.
    trying ND again this year yes I would like to come back 09 season..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You just let me know..I'll do what I can on my end to make it a pleasant trip.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    There are alot of deer there, but there aren't a lot of fields, or funnels. It can be very hard to pattern the buggers because they can just go anywhere they want. If I spent the money on a out of state permit, I'd hunt jefferson.

Ben
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple guys coming up to hunt with me next season. 1 from Oklahoma and one from Arkansas. Since you have both hunted Pope county do you have any input, suggestions, dos and don'ts? I still haven't been down there but hope to this spring to at least get an idea but since you have a better idea I thought I'd ask y'all.

I may keep them in Jefferson but not sure yet. My only thoughts there is that Jefferson is continually in the top 5 as far as harvest numbers go so I would think their chances of a shot might be better but that thinking may not be totally accurate.

I have an idea, ask a guy that grew up in Jefferson Co. who also still hunts there if he can help you with input, suggestions and how he could help put these guys on deer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

I have an idea, ask a guy that grew up in Jefferson Co. who also still hunts there if he can help you with input, suggestions and how he could help put these guys on deer.
    I remember I dude called UGLYBOY ask him[:D][:D][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Ok, can you help me get these guys on deer when they come up? Might be a pitcher or 2 in it for ya [:D]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya hurt my itty bitty feelins so no[:D]