In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UGH

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
So my laptop is like 4 years old. Looking to get a new one, this one gives me trouble every other day, and I'm at school. Anyone have any suggestions...was checing out the HP or Dell companies.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    heat wave here in ohio along with a fullmoon weekend....what great hunting it was....[xx(]. how ya'll doin?
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    apple note book..
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Apples are for eatin' [:D]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Apples are for eatin' [:D]

No, they are for shooting off of other peoples heads. [:D]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending on what school you go to, you may be able to get a deal from one of the major companies. I believe at Purdue you can get 15% off of dell products. It was either 15 or 10% but its been a while.

My wife has a Dell, its ok, but I just hate the fact they put so much crap software on them that is really difficult to remove. That goes for all the companies. That why I build my own desktops. I can go to my task manager and only see 29 processes running, and thats how I like it. Bet most of the people on here are running over 40.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One place to look, because I am sure you are on a tight budget. Tiger Direct (www.tigerdirect.com) sells lots of refurbished laptops with a warranty.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe check on having yours rebuilt and updated
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    One place to look, because I am sure you are on a tight budget. Tiger Direct (www.tigerdirect.com) sells lots of refurbished laptops with a warranty.
    Are kidding new bow laptops this kid is loaded[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Depending on what school you go to, you may be able to get a deal from one of the major companies. I believe at Purdue you can get 15% off of dell products. It was either 15 or 10% but its been a while.

My wife has a Dell, its ok, but I just hate the fact they put so much crap software on them that is really difficult to remove. That goes for all the companies. That why I build my own desktops. I can go to my task manager and only see 29 processes running, and thats how I like it. Bet most of the people on here are running over 40.

29 seems like a heck of a lot...I just went to my task manager and have 2 running..
  • Options
    pre6422hornetpre6422hornet Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would give a recommendation for Dell. I have had three Dells in the past 6 years ( my company buys new ones every 2 years). My laptop rides around in the saddlebag of my motorcycle for 7 months out of the year and about 15,000 miles during that time. I have never had one issue with it. It is not a toughbook either. Just a plain jane latitude D620. Now I did make an eggcrate lined box that fits in my saddlebag, but needless to say it gets abused non the less.
  • Options
    edited November -1

29 seems like a heck of a lot...I just went to my task manager and have 2 running..

I also have 2 running 29 is sicko
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got a new Hp for like 580 after rebates, not bad. Thanks all internet and computer is up and running smoothely.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1

Not programs (applications), processes. It is the second tab up at the top. I have about 35 running, but this is my work computer. There are a lot of work related processes running in the background. My home computer only has about 25.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Still don't have that many and there are some that I could shut down. But yes I was lookin in the wrong place. [:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Still don't have that many and there are some that I could shut down. But yes I was lookin in the wrong place. [:I]

I have a few I could shut down to. 3 of them are firewall/antivirus, But her dell came running with over thirty which is just crazy. You start adding any programs and you start using more RAM then what you have.