In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Draw Length

Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
Hey guys how do I determine what my draw length will be, should be, or is. It seems to vary by the 1/2 inch. Can this be changed on a bow or is it 100% set in stone?

Thanks
Nadine

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ok guys, how do you select the draw length of the bow you are going to buy? I have had 1 shop tell me I'm a 31" draw and another tell me I'm a 30 1/4" draw, so he will make a 30" bow work. If you are familiar with the Mathews line, you realize the impact of being able to shoot a 30" draw vs. a 30 1/2" draw. I just don't want a shop to "make a 30" bow work" when I should have bought a different bow and shoot a 30 1/2" draw or 31" draw. I know being short on draw is better than being long, but I don't want to mess this up.

By the way, what do you think of the Drenalin LD?
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    It's all about comfort, and personal preference when you get down to that last half inch. If you can, shoot both bows with your own release. Hold draw with both bows.

Ben
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if they set up a 30" and put a loop on it then it will be 30 1/2". better to be a 1/2" short than long (draw length that it) That was for all you perverts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    That was for all you perverts.

What perverts?

Ben
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    if they set up a 30" and put a loop on it then it will be 30 1/2". better to be a 1/2" short than long (draw length that it) That was for all you perverts.

What he said, 'cept for the pervert part. I measured 29 at one shop, shot it for a few years even. Went to the shop taco calls home and they said it looked to long, hooked me up with a 28 and talk about much more comfortable.

I can't comment on the Dren. LD, haven't shot it.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

What he said, 'cept for the pervert part. I measured 29 at one shop, shot it for a few years even. Went to the shop taco calls home and they said it looked to long, hooked me up with a 28 and talk about much more comfortable.

I can't comment on the Dren. LD, haven't shot it.

So you saying yours is shorter bang?[:D]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    whats a verpert[:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My old bow currently has a 32" draw (too long), but has so much creep in it, that I have just let down until it feels comfortable, the nock is in the corner of my mouth, and my knuckle is under my ear then measured my draw, and that puts it at close to 31".

I shot the drenalin the other day, and it shot so well, that I would like that bow, but I don't want to get a 30" bow then decide I need 30 1/2" or 31" and not be able to change it. That has me pretty well convinced that if I go with Mathews, it will probably be the dren LD. I am also seriously considering a Hoyt because you can change draw length without changing the cams.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    32" draw? wow.

I wonder what manute's draw length is?[:D]

manute_bol_basketball.jpg

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

I wonder what manute's draw length is?[:D]

I don't know, but try finding a bow with a 31" draw, and I wish I had a shorter draw.