In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bowtech Draw weight?

westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
I recently purchased a Bowtech 82nd Airborne compound bow. It is set up at 70 lbs, my old bow is set up at 65lbs and I could shoot it all day with no fatigue, but with this bow I am worn out after 3-4 shots. Don't know if it is the style of cams on this bow or what but it sure feels like alot more draw weight than 70. Does anyone else own one of these bows if so I would like to hear your thoughts. I am thinking about dropping the draw weight to 60-65 lbs to see what that is like, fighting this bow in a treestand at 70 lbs might not be the right thing to do, especially in the cold,rain,snow. I think this bow will still deliver great energy and speed set on a lower draw weight, I would like to hear from anyone who owns one of these bows.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The type of cams that are on the bowtechs have a longer peek to their draweight curve then most manufactures. This is where they get their speed. So you are probably pulling more weight longer then you were before. Another item to think about is your draw length, if your to long you could be fighting to keep the cam against the stop, which would also cause more fatigue.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    The type of cams that are on the bowtechs have a longer peek to their draweight curve then most manufactures. This is where they get their speed. So you are probably pulling more weight longer then you were before. Another item to think about is your draw length, if your to long you could be fighting to keep the cam against the stop, which would also cause more fatigue.

+1
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

+1

Yea right like you knew that bang[:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

+1

Yea right like you knew that bang[:D]

Easy there bullet boy [;)] Remember I was at one time shooting to long a draw and I tend to hang at the Bowtech dudes shop on occasion.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe he stayed in a holiday inn last night?