In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pictures, statements and questions.

phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
First off, here are the pictures.

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

Second, here is what I know.
It is a bear Whitetail Hunter, 30" 55#, 60# or 65# adjustable, estimated to be made in the late sixties to early seventies. (The guy at the shop gave me the age)

Lastly, some questions.
I have four pins, three of which are adjustable, that are the front sighting pieces (As seen in the second picture).
What distances should I try to set these at? I'm thinking I should range them at 25', 50' and 75', but I do not understand what the one at the top, that is fixed in place, is for.
What distance should I be starting to practice at?
Thanks,
DSM

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going by your pictures your sight bracket can be moved up and down to set that as your top pin. Then you set your other 3 (or more if you choose to add them) for longer distances. I would bet as your skill and strength improve you will change that top pin to 10 or 20 yards, and then in 10 yard increments from there. At least that is what most of us do. I run 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80 yard pins. All personal preference.
    Good luck
    Joe
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    If I were you I'd set my pins at either 10-20-30, or 15-25-35.

You shouldn't be shooting past 35 yards at animals with that bow. It just won't have the downrange energy for a clean kill.

Ben