In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Any rest reccomendations?

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
I bought the PSE I posted about previously. I like the bow. It is smooth, quiet and fast. I put a whisker biscuit rest on it and it is noisy when I draw. I was thinking about a QDA drop away rest.

Anybody got any reccomendations for a rest? I heard about the floating magnet rest and don't care for the concept.

TIA, Don

PS- Here is a picture of the new bow from the catalog.

PSE-MossyOakXBow.jpg

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trophy taker, don't get any simpler and better
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I will agree with you. I know that I have spooked a few lead does with my whisker. I seemed to be the only one with that problem until you showed up. I do love the WB but, when I would draw back, it would make some noise. I haven't noticed it so much on my new bow though.

From what I've heard about the magnet rest, it takes a while for the arrow to calm down after you pull back.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I like my Rip Cord for the most part. What I don't like about it and other drop aways may be the same I don't know but if you don't get your shot and need to let down the rest still drops and your arrow does too.
    I had a little noise from my WB after I had switched to a different arrow. Waxed the shafts and silicon spray on the WB quieted it down.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    Trophy taker, don't get any simpler and better

I agree
    I use the TT Shakey
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you use the right biscuit for the right arrows then you shouldn't have much noise, you should have a little spacing between the arrow and the biscuit, agreed it does make some noise but I have used three different ones and the biscuit is the simplest for the money.
  • jared2678jared2678 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love my QAD Dropaway LD. About 4 other people that I know have gone to that one. A nice feature it has is if you have to let down on an animal, the rest will stay up so your arrow doesnt go and hit your riser. its about 109.00 at cabelas.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jared2678
    Love my QAD Dropaway LD. About 4 other people that I know have gone to that one. A nice feature it has is if you have to let down on an animal, the rest will stay up so your arrow doesnt go and hit your riser. its about 109.00 at cabelas.

I may have to switch. Thanks!
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too shoot a QAD. It has the full containment of a WB and the clearance of a drop away with the lock down feature as well. Best all around rest I have found.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the help. I ended up going with the QAD Ultra Hunter drop away rest. It was only $49.99. I am shooting 2" groups consistently at 25 yards. It really made a difference.

I highly reccomend this rest.

dropaway.jpg
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don a few things...
    One You are getting fletch contact on your launcher arm. I would bet most likely from a bounce back. You should have got a lock down model. I would try turning your nocks to make more clearance.

The other is get some moleskin on the launcher arm. You will wear one out in no time without it. Just put it in the bottom of the V where the arrow sits, and then a strip down the back, that wraps around to the front. It should look like this...
    IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DCSO, Thanks for the tips. I did have to readjust it. It was not dropping all the way down. It came with some sticky back felt that I will put on it. I noticed the white marks, but could not figure out what was doing it. Amazingly to me, the arrows were still flying true and shooting tight groups. I'm going to shoot it again after I readjusted and see how it does.

Thanks again. Don