In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Story time!!

taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK i've told this to a couple guys here during hunting season so it's time the rest heard it.

It was a very uneventful evening in the woods, not even the squirrels were moving. About 4:30 I see a 8 pointer about 120 inches walking right towards me. Young deer, probably 2 1/2 year old just cruisin the woods. he walks within 15 yards of me and I never once thought about picking up my bow. As he get past me he turns and blows then stomps his hoof while looking back where he came from. I look that way and here comes big daddy, 160 class 10. I take my bow of the hanger and get ready. He walks towards junior back all bristled up and swaying back and forth. He gets behind some brush and I draw just waiting for him to step out. Junior looks up the hill and sees a doe, he turns and takes a step towards her. All of a sudden big daddy acts like he was shot out of a cannon and literally bulldozes junior into the ground. The whole time i'm looking for a shot and nothing is there. Junior runs off tail tucked as big daddy goes up the hill and stands beside the doe, head high showing he's the man. They walk off across the pasture into the sunset as I sit there. Saw him twice after that but no shot, on a good note my buddy did find his sheds in a thicket so he should be there next year.

Comments