In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Morning to all........

Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭✭
My first post on the archery forum.

Last fall I purchased a Barnett Quad 400 crossbow for my Ohio hunts, (and due to a bad right shoulder).

During the sight in session, I experienced damage to the vanes on the bolts, due to over penetration, and several pass throughs.

I realize the target is not adequate, so I am looking for input on a new target capable of stopping the added velocity.(345-350 fps)

Standard 22" Easton Graphite w/125 gr. field points.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    They sell one at basspro I was there yesterday. mase specificly for crossbow bolts the material is much denser.. Welcome to the forum stick around hope this helps..
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Buckey is right, make certain that you get one specifically for crossbows.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys.

I bought a Yellow Jacket.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    How do you like the Quad 400?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    How do you like the Quad 400?

Excellent performance thus far. Fast and accurate.

Harvested it's first buck in Ohio last fall.[^]

The only down side would be the design is so new to the market, that the case manufacturer's do not have a hard-side available. I ended up buying a padded soft case, which is not my ideal travel choice for a scoped crossbow.

Worthy of an update I suppose. Not so happy as of last Sunday. Splintered/fractured right limb. It's headed back for warranty repair. Sure hope this is a fluke.