In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wanting a new bow

hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
I'm looking at the 82nd Airborne as my new bow. I'm currently shooting a Hoyt Intruder that I have hunted with for the last 6 years or so. Can any of ya'll give me some advice on this? My Hoyt has put many deer on the ground, I just want something else. What are your recommendations?
I'm looking for something smooth and quiet and I like the Bowtech line, but will liesten to other suggestions. I feel that any new bow is going to outperform my Intruder, so I'm not too worried about the numbers.
I would like to hear your opinion on what you think are the smoothest and most quiet bows

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hivoltg
    I'm looking at the 82nd Airborne as my new bow. I'm currently shooting a Hoyt Intruder that I have hunted with for the last 6 years or so. Can any of ya'll give me some advice on this? My Hoyt has put many deer on the ground, I just want something else. What are your recommendations?
    I'm looking for something smooth and quiet and I like the Bowtech line, but will liesten to other suggestions. I feel that any new bow is going to outperform my Intruder, so I'm not too worried about the numbers.
    I would like to hear your opinion on what you think are the smoothest and most quiet bows

Thanks for the help
    guardian[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I knew YOU would say that. What do you like most about it? I've been following your right ups on this board as well as AT. It sounds like you are really happy with it. Didn't you convert from Matthews? Which model did you have and how do the two compare?

Thanks for the help
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I knew YOU would say that. What do you like most about it? I've been following your right ups on this board as well as AT. It sounds like you are really happy with it. Didn't you convert from Matthews? Which model did you have and how do the two compare?

Thanks for the help
    Yep had the dren.
    I like the feel of the guardian.. it draws a bit harder than the mathews and the weight is up a bit but other than that its the quietest no hand shock acurate bow Ive ever shot... with that said I have not shot the DXT I had the drenalin so I cannot compare the two I personally like the guardian more than the dren.. You may not like it but shooting several is the best way to tell.. and go to AT and read the reviews. I have anoter bow on the way review shortly traded for the dren..[:0]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:I have anoter bow on the way review shortly traded for the dren..

[:0][?][?] What is left that you haven't shot? [:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

getting the
    [:p] Tonite.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

getting the

Cant wait to hear the review and see pics of the

PSSSSTTT..... Ask taco what he just got. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Thanks for the help

Go shoot a few others and make your decision. Not sure you can go wrong with the Bowtech though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

getting the

Cant wait to hear the review and see pics of the

PSSSSTTT..... Ask taco what he just got. [:D]
    I think he got a HOYT[:0][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help guys. There are 2 local pro shops near me. One pushes Mathews pretty hard and the other carries Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt. I guess I will just shoot a few different bows and decide what I like, then go with which ever dealer has been the most helpful

I just wanted to see what you guys had to say on the subject. Being that my bow is 7 or more years old, I feel like I'm out of the technology loop on the new bows
  • Options
    phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just started shooting a bow a few weeks ago that was made in the late 60' to early 70's, so I am in a worse place than you are.
    My wife has signed up on me getting a new bow with a spending cap of about $500.
    We only have one archery shop around here, without driving an hour to Cabela's or to the Bass Pro shop, so I am going to go with his recommendations.
    He pointed one out to me a week or so ago, but I was too excited to ask what make or model it was.
    I have to stop in there at his shop on Thursday and I will try and remember to ask some questions.
    I think $500 should get me a pretty decent modern bow.
    DSM
  • Options
    woodytickwoodytick Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if it doesn't say hoyt dont buy it....[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodytick
    if it doesn't say hoyt dont buy it....[:D]
    AHHHHH a trouble maker... we like you[:D][8D]
  • Options