In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Help me remember

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Don't we have someone in here that's from Michigan?

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Don't we have someone in here that's from Michigan?
    Now I have to think,, I had thought so too but I could be confusing with another forum...
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I don't think so, bang. dabowman is from wisconsin, maybe that's who you are thinking of?

ben
  • pre6422hornetpre6422hornet Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live just a few miles into Ohio from the michigan line and I have land up in the UP that I deer hunt on. What do you need? Maybe I can help.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pre6422hornet
    I live just a few miles into Ohio from the michigan line and I have land up in the UP that I deer hunt on. What do you need? Maybe I can help.

Land in the UP to deer hunt on!!!

Ben[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Land in the UP to deer hunt on!!!

Ben[:D]

HMMMMM Im in[:D]
  • Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't spent much time on this forum, but I be from the Mitten. What's up?[?]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Not lookin for anything. I am going to be up there working on one of our research projects and thought if there was time and someone was close we could meet, put a face to the name, have a beer or 5. [:D]
    edited November -1
    Not lookin for anything. I am going to be up there working on one of our research projects and thought if there was time and someone was close we could meet, put a face to the name, have a beer or 5 pitchers. [:D]

fixed.

Ben
    edited November -1
    Not lookin for anything. I am going to be up there working on one of our research projects and thought if there was time and someone was close we could meet, put a face to the name, have a beer or 5 pitchers. [:D]

fixed.

Ben

[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Not lookin for anything. I am going to be up there working on one of our research projects and thought if there was time and someone was close we could meet, put a face to the name, have a beer or 5. [:D]

What area?
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Nice area.

It's about 4 hours from me though. I,m center state approx 20 miles from the Ohio/Indiana borders.

If you haven't been there, and have some free time, check out the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. It's due west of Shelby.(in the neighborhood)

Rolling dunes into Lake Michigan.

The view of Silver Lake alone is stunning.
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I'll try to do that.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When ya leavin? How long ya gonna be gone? Most importantly, tell the woman i'll be over the evening that you leave[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    When ya leavin? How long ya gonna be gone? Most importantly, tell the woman i'll be over the evening that you leave[:D]
    wow taco thats nice of you to watch the girls while the wife goes out.. Your a good friend[:D][;)]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

fixed.

Ben

Each [B)]
    edited November -1
    You boys don't need my permission to go up there. My 80 acres is surrounded on three sides by National Forest. I am the last private land for 7 or 8 miles down the road. You can go East, West, and South for 7-8 miles and not hit private ground. In the years that I have been up there I have only run into one other hunter, and I only gun hunt and I track so I cover alot of ground every day. You can camp anywhere on the National Forest.
    edited November -1
    You boys don't need my permission to go up there. My 80 acres is surrounded on three sides by National Forest. I am the last private land for 7 or 8 miles down the road. You can go East, West, and South for 7-8 miles and not hit private ground. In the years that I have been up there I have only run into one other hunter, and I only gun hunt and I track so I cover alot of ground every day. You can camp anywhere on the National Forest.

we were just harrassing you, hornet. It sounds like a gem of a piece of property.

Ben
    edited November -1
    Oh I know you guys weren't. The 80 is nice, but I don't even hunt on it. My FIL has 4 or 5 blinds set up with bait ( I don't hunt over bait) and it is really thick, yet the big guys don't show up... Huh maybe because they understand what bait is LOL!!

My FIL has shot some big swamp bruisers in his day, but that was back when he hiked back in a couple miles and set up on some intersecting ridges after the state timbered some strips. Now all those strips are so thick you can't even walk through them. I hunted back there this year and ran a pretty decent buck but I never got a shot.