In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hoyt Vulcan

hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
I was offered an 07 Hoyt Vulcan with some accesories (quiver, rest, peep) for $430. Can any of ya'll give me any advice on this. I shoot an old Hoyt Intruder now but am looking to upgrade. What are your opinions on this bow and price? I understand it is reasonably fast, is smooth and quiet. I like my Hoyt and am thinking that I will like this one just the same.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't know much about that one but there are a couple you can watch as far as the price goes on fleabay. 1 is at $275 now but has a few days left the other is just over $100. Those are bare bow.

As long as the price is right I don't think you can go wrong with any of todays bows. Shoff or one of the other hoyt boys can give you more input on the bow itself.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would be a heck of a deal. I would jump on it. The Vulcan is a real screamer for speed, and a great shooting bow. There is one at my local shop for $500 bare bow.

Keep in mind if the strings have not been changed they will need to be soon.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to the local pro shop Monday to be measured so I know the length is right on the bow

VOLT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    keep in mind it takes new cams and strings to change the draw length. Make sure it is right or be ready to spend money to make it right.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UH OH!!! I went to the pro shop and shot a DXT yesterday! That is one SMOOTH bow! I now know what I want, I just have to talk the wife into letting me spend $720 on a naked bow[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hivoltg
    UH OH!!! I went to the pro shop and shot a DXT yesterday! That is one SMOOTH bow! I now know what I want, I just have to talk the wife into letting me spend $720 on a naked bow[:D]

Atta boy! [:D][;)]

Blows my mind how prices vary from one area to another.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DXT is $829 here. Same price the Dren was last year. Not sure if that helps your cause or not.

I would stick to the Hoyt. Faster bow, and better balance IMO.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Mat. has better balance and smoother draw IMO. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK. It is going to be hard to come up with the money to get a new DXT. How do the other Mathews bows (05-07 models) compare? Is the Switchback just as smooth and quiet? That is what impressed me so much with the DXT. It had very little vibration, a smooth draw and was quiet. I should be able to get a Switchback (a year or 2 old) set up for what the DXT would cost bare

Any advice from the elders?

Thanks guys
    VOLT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some say the Switchback is better than the DXT. I haven't held either but have held and still do hold the SBXT. I don't think you will be disappointed with any model that you buy. FYI you have an email coming.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    X back xt great bow.. I lied I just bought another one. I should get it today... then thats it with the bow buying..

For now..[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    X back xt great bow.. I lied I just bought another one. I should get it today... then thats it with the bow buying..

For now..[;)]

Hey...you've already had the SBXT. Whatcha buy another one for?
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I sold it when I bought the dren sorry I did so I bought another one..
    I really liked that bow for hunting.. then again I like em all[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the email Bang. I've been looking there a lot. I will either do business there or at a pro shop that is an hour or so from my house. I use to work with the owners son and have done some acessory business there. I think he will treat me right. I know he has the lowest price on the new DXT that I have found! It looks like I will be going with the SBXT, as soon as I find a good deal on one

Thanks again for all the help guys
    VOLT