In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Illinois ? Aurora Sportmen's Club

likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭
Due to the forced annexation of the Aurora Sportsmen's Club, by a nearby municipality, we are in jeopardy of losing our shooting privileges.

The Aurora Sportsman's Club in northern Illinois is in the process of building a full service shooting facility of Olympic quality. We need your help in moving forward with this dedicated site for all the shooting sports, including Archery.

For a $10 contribution or more, we will send you a post card good for a days shooting at either our existing facility in Sugar Grove, Illinois, or our new facility, once it opens, in Waterman, Illinois. For more information and directions to our facilities, go to

www.aurorasc.org

Send contributions to:
Friends of the Aurora Sportsmen's Club
Attn: Mabel
PO Box 414
Aurora, IL 60507
Include your return address for our One-Day pass.

Comments

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live very close to the Aurora Sportsmans Club and have heard about the political BS involved with the antis.
    I'll send them $25. Done deal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks huntermag, let me know what day you plan on using your gift card and I will gladly show you around and give you the skinny on our Waterman project. Waterman is gonna be awesome when we get the bugs worked out. If you are in the area (Check our website for directions) take a ride past the berms and ponds (they are already in place) this place is gonna be huge. Are you into rifle, pistol, trap, skeet, clays, archery? we got it all, look forward to shooting with you.
    likemhot
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by likemhot
    Thanks huntermag, let me know what day you plan on using your gift card and I will gladly show you around and give you the skinny on our Waterman project. Waterman is gonna be awesome when we get the bugs worked out. If you are in the area (Check our website for directions) take a ride past the berms and ponds (they are already in place) this place is gonna be huge. Are you into rifle, pistol, trap, skeet, clays, archery? we got it all, look forward to shooting with you.
    likemhot

I just filled out the check and put it in my mail box. 10 minutes later the mailman picked it up.
    Talk about good timing.[;)]

Yes pistol,rifle and I shoot clays at silver springs. Archery too of course.
    I was just out to lake shabonna last thursday for a walk in the woods. I go fishing there too.
    These pics are from there.
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=295036
    I'd love to check out the waterman site. When is the scheduled completion date?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks huntermag, the new membership drive is up and running, WE PROMISE to be the premier shooting facility in Northern Illinois, with Olympic venue capabilites, and easy transportation from the City of Chicago, the train runs less than a mile from the new front door, or Route 30 from the South suburbs will bring you to downtown Waterman. If you enjoy old, country home style surroundings, antique shops, or a cold beer and good food stop in town. We are trying to think of everything to make the Illinois shooter comfortable and welcome. There is scheduled to be camping and fish ponds on site, and like you mentioned, we are nearly within walking distance of Shabbona State Park

The Aurora Sportsmen's Club is one of Northern Illinois oldest and largest private shooting sports facilities, incorporated over 50 years ago. Our regular club shooting activities include: shotgun sports, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays with instruction available; Rifle and pistol with CMP and junior rifle training, NRA rifle and pistol competitions, and monthly matches. NMLRA muzzleloader competition matches; and archery competition events are also regular monthly features.

ASC participates in numerous public education programs including the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Hunter Safety Training, Civilian Marksmanship Program Training, Junior Rifle (and Boy Scout Merit Badge) training and instruction, Shotgun Sports instruction and training, Women's Firearm Training, handicapped shoot, and other special instruction courses. ASC maintains a well trained staff of NRA Certified Firearm instructors in all the shooting sports disciplines.

Coming soon are various new R/P disciplines.

We have just started IDPA style shooting this year. We will
    start with SkillDrills this May to get some of our members
    up to speed on Action Pistol. We have an " Intro to
    Defensive Pistol " class by Midwest Training Group ( a Mas
    Ayoob/LFI affiliated group) at the end of May and probably
    some IDPA type matches later this year.

We have lots of new events on the shelf waiting for the new
    facility. You could come by and see us on the 2nd Sunday of
    each month when we run a bullseye style event for rifles and
    pistols. We have coffee and donuts and we love to talk about
    guns and shooting (all types) If you've never been there I
    think you'll be surprised at what we do with limited space and with the new facility still in it's infancy this promises to get bigger and better yet.

I know I am biased in my opinion, but with all we have to offer the Northern Illinois Area Shooter, it will surely be a sad day in sportsmen's paradise if we loose our shooting privileges. Many clubs are being forced out and closing, we are doing everything in our power to keep the sport alive, again thanks for your support
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Likemhot send me an e-mail. I tried to sent you one but can't.

I live about 5 miles from ASC now. Sounds like a real nice place with camping and fishing too. I've never been there but have heard many great things about it. I used to go to camp kedeka all the time when I was a kid in boy scouts. I also go to the country cafe(the double yolker)I call it, in big rock quite often.