In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Diamond "The Rock" report.

phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well it has been a few weeks now so I thought I would give you guys a report.
I like the bow, very much, but since this is my first modern bow I cannot compare it to other bows. The 40 year old Bear Whitetail is still a good bow, but I enjoy shooting the Diamond much better.
Length of shooting comfort has doubled, at least.
I got the arrow/nock alignment corrected, (when I went to pick up the refletched arrows), I did not have it correct.
It should have been odd arrow at 12o'clock and I had it 120 degrees to the left of 12.
The left hand grip came off, even after being epoxied, brand new, by the dealer.
I scraped what epoxy I could and used yellow gorilla snot, the yellow glue used to bound weather stripping to metal on cars.
I did that yesterday and started shooting today.
It came off last weekend, Sunday, I believe.
The grip issue, I find out after the fact, is a problem known to exist by the folks that make them.
I talked with several others, at least three, who reported the same thing, the grip comes off.
We shall see how that goes.
I am considering the FOBs and the drop away rest, but only considering.
Maybe I should go new school, I tend to be a "new school" kind of personality.
Anyway, that's were I'm at.
Take care,
DSM

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to see you enjoying the addiction. Try not to get too much into the what is new/better/faster/expensive. I did that for a while, but now I like what I have, and am more confident in my set up, and shoot it very well. My wife is the same way with her bow that cost much less than others, but still shoots well.

Keep shooting, and I bet as the weather improves you will want to get outside and shoot some other sports like 3-D.
  • Options
    citrocitro Member Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    nice man .. nice
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Look at the bright side, if you decided to put on a custom grip, it should be easy to do. [:D][;)]

Glad your enjoying it!!
  • Options
    phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it's been a rainy, busy, couple of weeks and I did not get to spend much time with my bow until Saturday morning and the lack of practice showed.
    My arm was not accustomed to shooting so I spent Saturday working on pulling back the bow and not so much concern was given to hitting with accuracy.
    Sunday I was shooting much better, but I was still throwing out some wild ones.
    I spent about two hours practicing, about an hour each session on Sunday.
    In the second session, Sunday afternoon, I hit my first arrow with an arrow and they are stuck together, so I figured I was getting back into shooting shape.
    I went out just a little while ago and worked on my stance and my technique.
    When I walked away I was hitting about 85% inside of a 4" circle at 20 yards away with very little wind and with about thirty shots.
    Now that my left arm is feeling better I am going to spend more time on my stance and my technique.
    All in all I am still pleased with my progress.
    DSM
    PS< the gorilla snot is still holding up fine on the grip.