In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New bow...

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Looking at new bows (pulling 60-65 now)
So far I have shot
HCA - iron mace and speedforce
bowtech - general, equalizer and one of the airbornes
Diamond... something was not impressed

Iron mace and equalizer are tops on the list at the moment, but I was wondering if you guys have any other ones you think I should search out and shoot before I buy. I am looking to buy before the end of July if I can find one I really like.

Hope everyone is well!

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I haven't tried one but maybe the DXT.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I also would give the DXT a try. out of the three you shot. I think the general would be the best choice.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Local dealer has a right hand.. but no leftys [:(]... He is a lefty and has one (personal) but is such an * he would not let me shoot it. Said he was "afraid that it being set on 63 would be too hard for me" and that I "might damage his bow" That after I pulled one set on 67 about 5 min before... I am sure you guys can guess how well that went over with me...I will be in Jax Fl this weekend... will try to find a dealer down that way. Any others?
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

Local dealer has a right hand.. but no leftys [:(]... He is a lefty and has one (personal) but is such an * he would not let me shoot it. Said he was "afraid that it being set on 63 would be too hard for me" and that I "might damage his bow" That after I pulled one set on 67 about 5 min before... I am sure you guys can guess how well that went over with me...I will be in Jax Fl this weekend... will try to find a dealer down that way. Any others?
    what a putz he wouldent let you try it...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

what a putz he wouldent let you try it...

The guy I was with said he thought the guy just didnt want others to see a girl could pull his bow.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    well, I hope his fragile ego can afford to lose a customer like you who buys at least one bow a year.

Ben
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would shoot the Mission bows. They are an incredible bow for the money. I have my wife shooting one and she shoots it very well. Even won the woman's league against full target rigs. She is shooting the X3, but there is the new Journey out this year. Just an easy shooting bow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I think the general would be the best choice.

I know someone fixin to get one. [;)] SOoooooooooo freakin smooth and quiet.

Try the Limbsaver bow and give me a report. I think its ugly but would like to know what its like. G5 also has a new bow out this year I believe its called a Quest. As someone mentioned the Mission line would be something to try. Martin has a new one I believe is called a Firecat. Elite has the GTO and another new one but I don't recall what its name is.
    Hope that give ya some more to try out. Let us know what you think of all that you shoot, I love to hear peoples opinions on bows.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I'm not sure what you call smooth, but I hated the draw cycle on the General! It stacks like a stick bow until the very end and then breaks over violently into the let off. At least that is my take on it along with almost everyone else that I soot with. Some like that, some don't. I don't.

Now the shot is a thing of beauty. There is no shock, noise, or movement. Really a nice shot.

Not the bow for me, that is for sure.

BTW the limbsaver bow is "a bit of a turd". That is the general consensus here in SE MN. Not a bad bow, but we all expected more from the great limbsaver company.
  • Options
    hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked up a Diamond Marquis from Buckey and after having it set up and tuned for me, I really like it. Check one out if you get the chance. My 2 top picks were the Marquis and the DXT. The DXT is really nice but Buckey made me a smokin' deal on the Marquis and I'm very glad I went with it!!

Let us know how it turns out for ya.

Oh yeah. I would never go back to the shop where the guy wouldn't let you shoot his bow. That is crazy and ahould cause him to lose atleast one customer
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

I'm not sure what you call smooth, but I hated the draw cycle on the General! It stacks like a stick bow until the very end and then breaks over violently into the let off. At least that is my take on it along with almost everyone else that I soot with. Some like that, some don't. I don't.

Now the shot is a thing of beauty. There is no shock, noise, or movement. Really a nice shot.

Not the bow for me, that is for sure.

BTW the limbsaver bow is "a bit of a turd". That is the general consensus here in SE MN. Not a bad bow, but we all expected more from the great limbsaver company.

Maybe we tried the same bow with different Mods, the General I shot wasn't like that at all. I can only guess you shot one with the Speed mods. The one I shot was a smooth draw and it broke over with a super solid wall. And the shot was just as you described. Just a guess on the mods thing cause I know they have speed and smooth.
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    Gagirl,
    Take a good look at the equalizer again that is what I shoot and I love it I shoot a 26" draw with a 317gr arrow @ 275fps

I have tried the 82nd Airborne but did not like the draw cycle on it
  • Options
    STTHSTTH Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I would shoot the Mission bows. They are an incredible bow for the money. I have my wife shooting one and she shoots it very well. Even won the woman's league against full target rigs. She is shooting the X3, but there is the new Journey out this year. Just an easy shooting bow.

+1, I got a new X3 this spring and for the money they are hard to beat.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just FYI... still looking... have not found "the one" yet. Havent found one I like that much more than my HCA so I will just keep looking....
  • Options
    green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you taken a look at the mission X3? I am supposed to shoot one this week, and am also a lefty. It has alot to offer for the money.