In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just Got Back

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
We went to Turkey Run SP in In this week for a couple of days. We were able to break the new to us camper we bought. It rained a couple of nights and we enjoyed ourselves either under the awning or inside in the air while our neighbors were sitting in their car. It was a great trip for the wife, Will, and I.
We did the 8 mile canoe trip and hiked for a couple of days. The trails they have are excellent. What scenery. At one point of climbing straight up Will mentions what a pain it would be to drop a deer up here.
For me it was only a 2 hr drive. Some of you other Il guys it would be alittle closer. We plan on going back next year. It was well worth it.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    From the Dr. I've been having a very high heart rate for about a week. It has been in the 100's just sitting around. Went in to discuss the results of the heart monitor that I had to wear and the EKG. One of the questions I was asked was if my heart ever races. I told him only when I'm deer hunting. That got a good chuckle out of him.
    BTW, they found nothing really wrong. Told me to limit my caffine which I don't drink much of and that it was probably just stress.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been sitting in a complete downpour rain since 6:45 this morning, 15 minutes after I got in my stand. I have a few choice words about that, but I doubt they would ever get posted so why waste my time [:D]

Took today off so I could hunt all day and I am soaked to the bone. I do feel better after getting home and taking a hit shower though. The rain is starting to ease up a bit so I might just be back out there after bit. Gotta eat some cheerios first though. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a very nice park and only a half hour from me. Try doing a poker run on the winding roads, it's a blast also.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Turkey run sp in Indiana?

Nice little place isn't it? Did you get out on the river or not?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    Turkey run sp in Indiana?

Nice little place isn't it? Did you get out on the river or not?

We did the 8 mile canoe/kayak trip. The wife and I did the canoe and the son was in a "kayak." It was a great time. There are things that we will do differently next year but we still had a great time.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I deer hunt not far from there....It is a nice place.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    If you ever need a canoe, buy it off those people. I bought a canoe that was beat up, but floats just fine. The seats/braces were all intact. I only paid $45.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    If you ever need a canoe, buy it off those people. I bought a canoe that was beat up, but floats just fine. The seats/braces were all intact. I only paid $45.

Ben

The group we went with used only Old Towne. Although it wasn't a flat back Grumman, that seat was dang comfy.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How high was the water?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    How high was the water?

You could see the bottom about everywhere. 2-3'. A few holes that were @5' There were a few spots though that we were wondering if we could make it through without getting hung up on the bottom.
    I will say that it was the clearest river that I have ever been on.