In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yo Buckey

hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
Well, I finally got a few days off and was able to take the Marquis to a reputable shop for a tune up and a few new pieces I wanted. I did find out that the string has to be replaced because of damaged strands under the peep serving. The ONLY reason I am telling you any of this is to ask you who made the strings that are on the bow. I am replacing them with America's Best, which comes highly recommended by my tuner (he also thought that was what was on it now). The other reason for this message is to let you know that who ever was the last (or only) person to service the bow or install the strings is the one that more than likely cut the strands. I just wanted to bring this to your attention so that this person doesn't mess up anything on your current rig (if this is the person you use).

Just wanted to give you a heads up bro. My tuner had the bow shooting REALLY GOOD, but the peep kept rotating and he couldn't figure out why. The broken strands were the culprit.

I am still very happy with the bow and I want to thank you again for being such a stand up guy and giving me such a good deal on a piece of equipment that I hope will help feed the family this winter[:D]

VOLT
[8D]

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I had a local shop make the strings. and they dropped them off at bass pro for me to pick them up .. Hmmmmmmmm sorry for any inconveience If I would have know I would have put new ones on for you.. best wishes glad it's all set.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep. I hope I get the call Friday from the Pro Shop saying it's ready! If not, it will be first of next week.

That is why I go to the pro shops and not the chain stores. I would almost bet that someone at Bass Pro screwed this up for me.

Oh well, when I get it back, it will be perfect and I'll be ready for season.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hivoltg
    Yep. I hope I get the call Friday from the Pro Shop saying it's ready! If not, it will be first of next week.

That is why I go to the pro shops and not the chain stores. I would almost bet that someone at Bass Pro screwed this up for me.

Oh well, when I get it back, it will be perfect and I'll be ready for season.[8D]
    let me know how's shes shooting when you get her back..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will do.

How're things going in your neck of the woods? You ready for season yet? Got a monster lined up for opening day?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hivoltg
    Will do.

How're things going in your neck of the woods? You ready for season yet? Got a monster lined up for opening day?
    put the cams out we will see real soon starting to scout a bit
    but its been in the 90's and muggy so not too much action...mid august I really start to gear up...