In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

longbow or recurve

green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
Good evening all, I am in the middle of getting a new bow and am trying to decide between the recurve and the long bow. Does anyone out there have any insight on the two? I know that the longbow has an easier draw and release, but the recurve stores more energy resulting in more power. I am planning on target shooting and some hunting. All responses are greatly appreciated. Have a great week. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only one way to find out. Try shooting one of each. If you are starting out, start with a light weight, like 45 pounds. If you are tall, get a longer bow such as a 62" recurve or a 68" longbow. In fact, don't get a new bow, get a used bow for a fraction of the cost. If you don't like it, you can sell it and move on and try another. Recurve vs longbow is subjective, some like a longbow, some like recurves. good luck.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guy that I know that knows a lot about traditional bows is at http://ttbows.com/