In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which bow to get.?

green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
Good morning all, I am a 41 year old man who has not shot a bow since I was probably 18 or 20. Well, I have the fever to introduce bow hunting/shooting into my outdoors experiences again. I am left handed and do not want to take a second mortgage out on my house to get a bow. So I am looking for a beginner/intermediate left hand bow to get back in the swing. Would you suggest a long bow or compound, and why? Thanks for all of your help.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Check out the Mission line, Diamond, reflex....hmmm...for some reason my mind has gone blank. There are many more that would fit your expectations and budget. Mission is made by Mathews, Diamond by Bowtech and I think the Reflex is or was a Hoyt product. Welcome back to the addiction
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on the Mission. My wife shoots one well. I even shoot it sometimes and will use it for carp shooting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like the looks of the Mission X3. The dealer in our area has them for $339.00. Is this a good/fair price?
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    dcso can give you a better idea cause I haven't priced them but I'm gonna say it is.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by green mile
    I like the looks of the Mission X3. The dealer in our area has them for $339.00. Is this a good/fair price?

I looked around price is good... go for it[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I talked to the dealer, and he is going to meet me at his range across the street and let me test drive one and help me get set up with it. If it feels comfortable, I'm probably goingto get it. Stand by for more information.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    339 was last year's price here. Now they are 379. I would grab it and set it up with the best stuff you can. My wife's bow ended up around 625 with sight, rest, peep, case, and quiver. There may have been a few other small things in there too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just talked to the head trainer of Archery at my gun club and he said I could use one of the club's left handed Genesis bows until I got mine so I can start getting back in the swing of things. Hey it is better than nothing isn't it?
  • Options
    brandon_brandon_ Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't be afraid to check out Fred Bear bows as well. They're about 1/2 the price of a Mathews or Bowtech and shoot very well. I had a 2006 Instinct that was a great little bow.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    agfree with instinct its what I use and have killed a few deer with it. Nice and wont kill your bank acount.