In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can you find the Wild Okie

Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
Climbing and hanging a tree stand is becoming harder and harder the older I get. This year I'm going to try it from a ground blind . I set it up in my yard and practicing shooting in a sit down position . My first round was shy of thirty yards. It has shoot thru mesh but for now I have the window slightly unzipped .I did OK.

This is the terminator hub style blind it is not what I started out to get . I just couldn't pass up the price when I saw it at Atwood's. It does set up and take down very nice. The size is a bit awkward though. It carries like a back pack .I find it easier to sling it cross shoulder.
IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Shoulda bought a new target [:D]. Look forward to hearing yoru experience with it in the woods this fall.
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a new insert for when I wear that one out. I call it my sphinx deer. I'm just to cheap I guess. [:)]
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Shoulda bought a new target [:D]. Look forward to hearing yoru experience with it in the woods this fall.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    what happed to your head[:0] Opp's sorry I mean the deers head.[:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I currently have a Dark Horse blind, but have hunted out of several different blinds. The best advice I can give is as follows
    1. Shoot from you knees. chairs are great for comfort, but ruin your shooting form.

2. When hunting deer brush that baby in. I don't care what the instructions, video, or TV says you have to brush it in for deer. Turkey set it up anywhere.

3. If you shoot expandables cut a shooting port in your mesh. The mesh causes the blades to deploy sometimes. Fixed blades need to be tested for interference before they can be depended on.

4. Make sure you have a lighted sight, or the brightest one you can get your hands on. The dark blind really cuts your shooting hours compared to a tree.

I will say I like to hunt from a blind, but above are some considerations you should at least think about.

Good luck, and enjoy your blind.
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice.quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I currently have a Dark Horse blind, but have hunted out of several different blinds. The best advice I can give is as follows
    1. Shoot from you knees. chairs are great for comfort, but ruin your shooting form.

2. When hunting deer brush that baby in. I don't care what the instructions, video, or TV says you have to brush it in for deer. Turkey set it up anywhere.

3. If you shoot expandables cut a shooting port in your mesh. The mesh causes the blades to deploy sometimes. Fixed blades need to be tested for interference before they can be depended on.

4. Make sure you have a lighted sight, or the brightest one you can get your hands on. The dark blind really cuts your shooting hours compared to a tree.

I will say I like to hunt from a blind, but above are some considerations you should at least think about.

Good luck, and enjoy your blind.