In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

nocking loops

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
who uses one and what is better the string type or the metal type
Iv used both before and like the metal one better myself but i think it caused more wear on the string.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Is a string loop the same as a nocking loop? I use a string loop..never heard nocking loop but there is lots of things I don't hear'specially when the wife is talking. [:D]
  • KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i use a string loop too..
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Is a string loop the same as a nocking loop? I use a string loop..never heard nocking loop but there is lots of things I don't hear'specially when the wife is talking. [:D]
    same things lol they make a metal one that i belive they call it a nocking loop
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is an Ultra Knock I like them and have them on all my bows except the recurve. Around here he call the string version a D-loop.

knock.jpg
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie
    This is an Ultra Knock I like them and have them on all my bows except the recurve. Around here he call the string version a D-loop.

I too, use an ultra Knock, but mine is the "II" series. I just don't care for the loops.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer the cord style "D loop" and shoot one exclusively.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Caution if you use the metal loops make sure it is compatibale with your release. I put one on took a couple of shots, then on the 3rd shot it hung up and diddent release immediatly. most caliper releases will work. If you have like a little goose release and carter they can hang up I went back to the string loop.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie

knock.jpg

Have you ever watched slow motion videos of those?you won't want to use them..
    I use the string d-loop