In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lighted nocks

KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone ever use them? i was thumbing through a cabelas archery catalog and saw some.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    i think DCSO makes his own. I still haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Glad you asked
    I made my own they are Ok still a pain in the *$ to save 5 bucks

I have used luminocks and must say they usually work well but sometime go out when they hit the target. and they can be a bit fickle at times.
    SO I did some research and found that the easton traces came highly recomended. Saturday we took a ride to bass pro and I picked a couple up.
    These nocks work by a magenet turning them on you stick a tiny maginet on your riser next to your rest as the arrow passes by the nmagnet the lighted knock turnes on . I tried them when I got home they are pretty darn cool and work real well.

they have 90 hours of light as opposed to others at 40 hours
    no moving parts Kinda nothing to wear out.
    They are twice as bright as the others. about 9 bucks each in my opinion well worth it for how thet perform .. I tried to get one to go out without putting it next to the magnet.. not happening GOOD PRODUCT..

Hey bang wanna be a game Warden be a State trooper[:0][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Hey bang wanna be a game Warden be a State trooper

Saw that! Talk about screwing our state up. Kickapoo state park I hear is already closed with gates up. I haven't been over to check it out but looks real bad for any outdoor activity in Illinois.

Thanks for the review on the lighted Nocks I've been wanting to try some. I've been told they are illegal here and then I've heard thay are not. Since there won't be any DNR who's gonna tell me for sure. [:D] I've seen them used on video done in Illinois and never heard of any tickets for them.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Hey bang wanna be a game Warden be a State trooper

Saw that! Talk about screwing our state up. Kickapoo state park I hear is already closed with gates up. I haven't been over to check it out but looks real bad for any outdoor activity in Illinois.

Thanks for the review on the lighted Nocks I've been wanting to try some. I've been told they are illegal here and then I've heard thay are not. Since there won't be any DNR who's gonna tell me for sure. [:D] I've seen them used on video done in Illinois and never heard of any tickets for them.
    sounds like somthing my crooked little Sh5%$ hole state would do.. try the easton traces you will be well satisfied. OH yea when the seasons over there a way to put them to sleep so no battery is used pretty cool...
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may give those a try. i will look at the link too. thanks.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    Make your own for $3.08 [;)]
    http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewtopic.php?t=70292
    Done that not worth my time to save 4 bucks.. tracers have 90 hours of run time.. plus no moving parts..
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    I use em and like em. Saw the ones with magnets when I bought my Lumnocks. Might try them out though. If I remember right, they flash after some time. Bang I believe that they are legal here.