In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Illinois boys

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Deer task force survey. Please vote against the Oct. fire arm season and the 7-9 day late winter season. that late the antlers are dropping and you may be shooting a buck. And early would just screw up the deer for archery season. there have got to be other ways to get it done other than what they wanna do

http://dnr.state.il.us/Deer_Task_Force.html

Comments

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I voted.

Here's the direct link.
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=4XwedTE9GooUTLt83Nn59g==

Bang have you visited IBS lately? They're concerned about support and the closing of parks. I was thinking of starting a thread here to gain members but don't know if it's against GB policy?
  • Options
    ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why can't they just lengthen the firearm season to the week before Thanksgiving and the week after, instead of just the weekends before and after? Also allow the bowhunters to be allowed that last weekend when they have the late season firearm if the bow tags are not filled? Sucks to lose that last weekend!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    I voted.

Here's the direct link.
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=4XwedTE9GooUTLt83Nn59g==

Bang have you visited IBS lately? They're concerned about support and the closing of parks. I was thinking of starting a thread here to gain members but don't know if it's against GB policy?

I haven't been around IBS much. The bickering between them and another Illinois site is ridiculous. And it seems to me that there are some there that believe if you don't hunt the way they do or you don't spend the money with them you don't matter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250I haven't been around IBS much. The bickering between them and another Illinois site is ridiculous. And it seems to me that there are some there that believe if you don't hunt the way they do or you don't spend the money with them you don't matter.

I hear you about the hunting styles. But I didn't know how bad the disagreements were. Read a little about it yesterday.
    With all the friggin parks scheduled to close we need to do something even though it's probably too late and it might not matter anyway with the theft from other funds(DNR,teachers pension ect)going on.
    What a SCREWED UP governor...not to mention that scumbag in chitcago(to be nice)for starters.[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just finished reading and came here to say something to you but ya beat me back in here.

Holy cow I didn't realize it was that bad. Not just the parks mentioned closing but any property that the parks manage also. AND they are not refunding money on the tags that now can't be used...What is happening here!!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    wow You guy's are making me feel better about RI. I thought we were messesd up. If these are public parks there could be a court battle.. your not getting what your taxes are paying for demand to know where the savings is going.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    wow You guy's are making me feel better about RI. I thought we were messesd up. If these are public parks there could be a court battle.. your not getting what your taxes are paying for demand to know where the savings is going.

Buck the way I hear is the state is taking conservation/DNR $$$ to help pay for the state deficit. They took 2 billion of the teachers pension fund several years ago for the same reason.

By me they're closing Lowden Miller and Castle Rock state parks. Both good deer and turkey hunting parks. They're also cutting budgets at many other parks that are not closing.
    Example is Silver Springs Park they want to stop pheasant hunting there but the park already bought the pheasants for the year.

I'm hearing more and more from hunting friends as the season draws near. Seems like the state tried to keep is quiet until it's too late.

The POS SOB's. [xx(][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can you link me to whats going on ? Here in PA we have a separate Game Commission and DCNR but there is a push by a few to combine the GC and the Fish Commission under the power of the DCNR. I would especially be interested to know about the money being taken from DCNR to balance the state budget.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    47 that is hard to prove. The state simply takes the $$$ and uses it for another debt. It's against state law to do so but it's almost impossible to prove. One must hire a lawyer then sift through the red tape and there will be plenty of it because the state will know what your doing. They aren't going to prosecute themselves. For example of the current park closing issues they wanted the $$$ back from silver springs state park that they gave earlier this year to buy pheasants but the park bought the pheasants already thus doesn't have the $$$ to give back. Just like some parks that are closing that hunters have already paid for hunting tags that are no longer good and will not be refunded. If they're taking all this $$$ where is it going? Certainly not the parks/DNR/conservation which it's soley intended for.
    This is just the tip of the iceburg.[xx(]

Political BS in it purest form. The crooks!! [:(!][xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What doesn't make sense to me is this deer task force they created. Those guys get paid from somewhere. the state bought 150 acres over by Allerton Park but we have no money. They say we have a herd pop. problem and want to fix it but then close land to hunting. Makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    What doesn't make sense to me is this deer task force they created. Those guys get paid from somewhere. the state bought 150 acres over by Allerton Park but we have no money. They say we have a herd pop. problem and want to fix it but then close land to hunting. Makes no sense at all.

Excatly Bang!!
    I say take the legislators pension and expense accounts away from them to balance the budget.
    After all it's a problem they created.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make our moronic Gov stay his * in Springfield instead of up Daleys * in Chicago and we have a great start on saving money in this state.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Make our moronic Gov stay his * in Springfield instead of up Daleys * in Chicago and we have a great start on saving money in this state.

+100 or better yet throw his butt out of office.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    edited November -1
    I filled it out. I answered everything with " With the help of a well educated biologist,". They are taking the people who whould decide what should be done out of the equation. I don't give a damn how many people hit deer with their car. That is not the way to properly judge the deer population.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You fella's from the PRI, got problems.

The good news is, it can be fixed with nooses and a gallow in a public arena. [;)]

Seriously, how much MORE bull are you people gonna take?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:That is not the way to properly judge the deer population

Thats exactly what I added to the comments area.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

The good news is, it can be fixed with nooses and a gallow in a public arena. [;)]

Problem is most of us aren't taking it its being forced on us. I don't know anybody down state that voted for the moron, chicago is killin us.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Problem is most of us aren't taking it its being forced on us. I don't know anybody down state that voted for the moron, chicago is killin us.

Wish you guys LOTS of luck.
    If I can do something to help, let me know.