In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bow sights

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
was wanting to get some info and have you guys suggest some scope mounts for me to check out i shoot a mathews conquest 3 and i am lovin every minute of it i want to start shooting in a league

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm a newbie to bows and am trying set up the sights without breaking too many arrows. Do you move the sights opposite the direction you want to move the arrow on the target? I have three pins, what should they be st at. 10, 20 30? Thanks in advance.

"Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok any pros or cons on using a Predator IV Lighted Pendulum Bowsight
    it came with my bow and i like it so far but never hunted with one.

Taz
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people love pendulum sights. Not me. I prefer my sight to be as solid as possible. But that is just me.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I like my pins also..
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'm a pins man...and lighted are not legal here.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I'm a pins man...and lighted are not legal here.
    how about trinium mine glows all the time even in dead darkness. has that radio active trinium Legal?
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Hmmm....I just went threw the 08-09 regs and didn't even find the deal on lighted sites. Maybe its not illegal anymore. It mentioned more that you cant use electronic tracking devices that use radio tele something. interesting.
  • Options
    BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just put a new cobra DM .19 5 pin on my Ross and it is fantastic. Unbelievably bright with small .19 pins. Clear pin guard. Would be hard to beat it for the price (archery experts). They have it in camo. Cabelas in black.
    Going to be a great season. Best luck to all. BBQGUY & BBQGAL
  • Options
    KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a light for my tru glow pin sights. i kno a few people that swear by pendulums. i have never used any tho.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really just try to use two or one pins even though I put four on my sight. first =15 yards. second = 2" drop at 25 yards. Farther then that I just aim higher. My mind doesn't want to use the other pins for some reason. I'm a weirdo [xx(].
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clay,

I have used a Predator since '97 and love it. Once you get it tuned, it's a foolproof system IMHO.

Make absolutely sure you take some elevated shots with it, and adjust the cam ratio.

If you have questions shoot me an e-mail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by stubnoid
    Clay,

I have used a Predator since '97 and love it. Once you get it tuned, it's a foolproof system IMHO.

Make absolutely sure you take some elevated shots with it, and adjust the cam ratio.

If you have questions shoot me an e-mail.

thanks Greg
    so far i like it Ill do some shooting from a stand just to make sure eveythings set right on it.
    Clay