In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wolf Creek State Park to close

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
Our boneheaded gov. is at it again. I can't believe that Wolf Creek is slated to close. Besides the facts listed below, the thought of all of the people, my family included, that lost land for the damn lake and parks only to have some chicago dem. close it down.
I have a petion and a list of contacts if anyone is interested E-mail me.

Wolf Creek State Park Facts

As of November 1, 2008, Wolf Creek State Park and Hidden Springs State Park, totalling 303 campsites, will be closed due to budget cut backs by Governor Rod Blagojevich. The results of these closings are as follows:

-Approximately $250,000 will be lost in revenue

-Nearly 500,000 visitors will be impacted annually.

-3200 acres of state park land will be closed to hunting

-the boat ramp to Lake Shelbyville will be closed

-a beach on Lake Shelbyville will be closed

-16.5 miles of snowmobiling trail will not be accessible.

-Ten hiking trails will be affected.

-Camping, picnicking, hunting and hiking opportunities for the physically handicapped will be severely limited

-The only horse trail/campground concession in the area will be closed.

-The number of fishing tournaments on Lake Shelbyville will be diminished.

-Access to Quigley Cemetery will be closed.

-The annual handicap deer hunt will be prevented.

-Bow hunting acreage will be diminished

-Special * hunting acreage will be diminished.

-The Links to the Future youth event, one of the largest outdoor events in Illinois will be prohibited.

-Many area businesses such as restaurants, grocery and retail stores will be negatively impacted by the loss of so many visitors to the state park.

Comments