In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mathews Feathermax

mjbmxzmjbmxz Member Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone have a Mathews Feathermax? What do you like/hate about it? I"m lookin to pick one up for $250 with all equipment on it, and wondered if it's a good buy. Thanks MJ

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nope, don't have a feathermax but I am on my second Mathews. Good, quality bows.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been discontinued since 2002 so there are alot of improvements to bows. However if it's loaded and in good shape it's not a bad buy at all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a 2002 Model, and it is fully loaded, minus arrows (which I have). He's asking $275, offering him $225, $250 sounds reasonable? The bow is in very good condition. Thanks Matt
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    for the price you may as well. I'd like to hear how ya like it when you get it!
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjbmxz
    It is a 2002 Model, and it is fully loaded, minus arrows (which I have). He's asking $275, offering him $225, $250 sounds reasonable? The bow is in very good condition. Thanks Matt

mjb I have a friend that has one ans he likes it alot Iv shot it a few times and can say its a nice bow he gave 200 or 250 for it
    about 2 to 3 years ago for just the bow.
    taz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I passed on the bow, as I had to drive 3 hrs to pick it up, and he wouldn't ship. But I may pick up a loaded Mathews FX for $300 that's fully loaded minus arrows and it's 3-3 1/2 yrs old. I think that was a bad deal at all.
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjbmxz
    I passed on the bow, as I had to drive 3 hrs to pick it up, and he wouldn't ship. But I may pick up a loaded Mathews FX for $300 that's fully loaded minus arrows and it's 3-3 1/2 yrs old. I think that was a bad deal at all.

just baught a fx for 310 + 20 shipping loading with 6 arrows and broadheads I dont think your getting a bad deal on it
    mines a 2000 mod.

taz