In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mathews Q2

green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
Good evening all, a man down the street from me is selling his Mathews Q2 for $225.00. The description is listed below. I was wondering if this is a good choice of bow (for getting back into bow shooting/hunting) and a good price, and yes I'm left handed. Thanks for all of the responses.

Q2 with accessories in good working condition. Bow is left handed, 28 inch draw, 60 lb draw weight. Comes with a Hind Sight / Trophy Ridge Matrix 3 pin Combo, Tranquilizer stabilizer, Two prong rest, Braided wrist strap, Zebra string, and a Mathews Quiver.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    If its the right draw do it. I wish I still had my Q2..loved that bow...
  • green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is currently set at 28, and I have a 29" draw, so that shouldn't be hard to reset.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember right the Q2 only adjust 1/2inch and that would be 28" at 80% letoff and 27.5" at 65% letoff. That is the one drawback to Mathews bows is the fact they don't adjust 4-6 inches in draw length. Other than that it's a very good buy, the accessories are worth $200.00
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    sweet bow wish I still had mine too I loved that bow when I get some extra cash think I'm going to buy one.
  • green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I picked up the bow yesterday. When I drew it, it felt right so the bow is probably a 28.5" draw and with the loop it is right at 29". I guess I lucked out, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth either. The man I bought it from upgraded to a DXT which was sweet, but I don't have four bills (after set up) to spare for a bow either. Now I'm on the hunt for arrows and a release, any suggestions?
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go with Gold Tip arrows. They are good arrows at a reasonable price. Best value I have found. I shoot some XT Hunters, some Pro Hunters and for indoor 30X Pros. The XT hunters are a good hunting arrow. If you buy new arrows have one inch cut off the nock end first, then square with an ASD and then cut your final length. Square the carbon, glue in the insert, then square that. This process had made my arrows shoot any broadhead perfectly. Worked on my Hoyt and my wife's Mission bows as well as for several friends.

For a release TRUBall, Scott, and Carter all make nice ones. I shoot TRUBalls mainly. A loopmaster for a wrist strap, and then an ST360 for target. I also have 2 backtension releases, but I would not recomend them for hunting.