In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trying to decide

gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Guys, I am trying to decide on which bow to purchase but I am somewhere in the middle..I am looking at a Bowtech General and a Ross which is now owned by Bowtech..I know the General is probably better but I like the smoothness of the Ross...Does anyone out there shoot a Ross??? Please feel free to throw comments or ideas my way..

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would stay away from the General. Huge recall because the limbs are blowing everywhere. The local shop sent all of theirs back as well as the 2 they sold. If you like the Ross go for it, but make sure you try all the rigs out there. My pick of the '08's was a Hoyt Katera XL. I did not buy one, because I still like my Vectrix but a new bow is in the works for '09
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    General should be ok by now, "they said" it only affected 1% of the generals. And those were ones produced between Dec. 07 and July 08
  • BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Ross 336. Really don't like the quiver from Ross or the grip. Has moderate speed and quiet. May use it for a finger bow after this season. Would be hard to beat a HOYT. I would rather buy from a company that has been making the same product for awhile. Ross as you know was bought buy Bow Tech in Oregon. Good luck on your decision. BBQGUY