In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mathews DXT

gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
what are people's input on these bows? I am looking to sell my existing bow which is an Alpine Archery Silverado Match Grade, and I am looking to purchase a new bow but am unsure which way to go....

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Second best Mathews I ever shot, only one better is still the Switchback XT. DXT is shorter so easier stalking and moving in stand, just hard to beat the XT tho. The DXT is just the best of the Drenalin and the XT put together.
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot the DXT earlier this year and really liked it. I found it to be very smooth and it is probablly(sp) what I would have ended up with, if I hadn't got such a deal on my Diamond Marquis from a friend here on the board.

Good luck with your search and season!
    VOLT
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot the DXT and did not care for it. Then again I don't care for the feel of the Mathews grip, and really prefer a much heavier bow for stability. After shooting a heavy bow I could feel some movement on the shot. Not as dead as people claim if you ask me.

It is a good quality bow, and definatly one of the best out there. Certainly THE most popular here in SE Minnesota. If you like the feel and can swing the price tag go for it.
  • gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what about the Drenalin or even settling for an 07 Switchy[:D], just want to make sure I am not getting rid of a better bow in the Alpine Match Grade Silverado
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why do you want to get rid of your Alpine? That seems to be a nice bow from what I have seen. My friend shoots one, and loves it.

If you want to jump to a new bow, go out and shoot them all. We all have different ideas of what makes a "better" bow. I know Bang, or Taco would hate my bow, but I love it. "The best bow" is a personal thing.

It is hard to buy a bad bow now. If a company puts out sub-standard products they will be rolled over and burried quickly.

Check out the Hoyts, PSE's Bowtechs, even bows like the Mission, Reflex, or Diamond that are 2nd line of the bigger companies are great bows. Just shoot them all and go from there.