In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thieves

rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
Someone stoled two of my tree stands:
A climber and a 2 person ladder
stand-why can't people just
leave someone else's property
alone.My name and address were on it.

Comments

• garand308wingarand308win Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have lost a lot of stuff too. 4 cameras in 2 years was the spendy part of my loss but also lost 2 stands, and a decoy.

The last camera to go had 2 lag bolts from inside a locked box. They brought in a chain saw and cut out a chunk of the tree and carried it off. Since then I have decided that I will no longer use a camera, or I will do 2... one at ground level and one up a tree as a security system... not that it will matter if they use a chain saw again.
  • rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    I can't beleive these thieves
    are hunters.I think they are young
    punk surveyors
  • twin60stwin60s Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i cant believe you thought nobody would take your stuff. criminals make their living off of this thought process. never give a criminal an oppertunity. not only do they have your stuff,now they know where you live and know what interests you have,which means you have more cool stuff,mabey even some guns.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put a climber on the border of the property I hunt and the property we aren't allowed to hunt but can track a wounded deer. I came to the tree first day last year and someone had cut it off the tree....they ride fourwheelers there, my stand wasn't on his property but his wife was po'ed. He was real cool about it, I got my stand back...but me and her don't get along.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, I don't think another hunter would do that. Come to think of it ... I did have a locked-up Mountain Bike stolen. I'm pretty sure it was bow hunters who were hunting and did not like me making noise finishing up work on my deer stand for the muzzle loader season to follow. So now I get my work all done before anyone is in the woods.

Anyway, stealing other people's stuff is a pretty crummy thing to do!
  • tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately in PA there are hunters that do this very thing. I have twice now watched guys either begin to dissasemble or just grab and run with a stand and a climbing stick that we had. Both were in archery season and both on our posted piece of property. The property is a very small (22 acre) thickly wooded area that is only seperated from a gamelands by a 50 yard wide field. It is horrid thing to do. I am amazed that it is done, let alone done while someone is yelling at you to stop. I chased the one guy all the way through the field on his wheeler and right up to the back of his house when he took one of my summit climbers off a tree. He denied that he was the one who did it and said he had no idea what I was talking about. When I returned the next evening to hunt, the stand had amazingly reappeared strapped to a tree that was about 5 trees from my normal one. I have since locked every stand up and have still lost two ladder stands on other properties. It really is both amazing and disgusting!