In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

mathews bow limbs

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
Hey folks
Iv got a friend that went hunting this morning with me and when he nocked a arrow it looked funny turn out he had a lower lomb that has split
he had baught this bow a few years back its a mathews feather max
can you replace the limbs on this bow model and does mathews have a lifetime replacement on limbs or is that just if you baught it new.

thanks
taz
oh ya about what would it cost to replace the limbs.

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The limbs are replaceable, but only done under warranty for the original owner. As for cost, you will have to check with a dealer.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I believe with any Mfg. the life time warranty only applies to the original owner. I could be wrng tho.
  • bigfoot_4bigfoot_4 Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he is the original purchaser and bought from a Mathews dealer so it was registered by the dealer.(Not E-Bay) The complete bow is covered except the strings and cables[:D]

Shoot Straight,
    Bigfoot [8D]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigfoot_4
    If he is the original purchaser and bought from a Mathews dealer so it was registered by the dealer.(Not E-Bay) The complete bow is covered except the strings and cables[:D]

Shoot Straight,
    Bigfoot [8D]

String/Cable are also covered..[;)]
    Like said IF he's the original owner Mathews will take care of him.
    If not new limbs run anywhere from $150.00/$180.00 for the set.
    edited November -1
    Hey Clay....
    You have a reply on AT about a set of limbs.The guy that has them is a Top Notch guy to deal with.
  • bigfoot_4bigfoot_4 Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:String/Cable are also covered..

I beg to differ here, Mathews will cover the entire bow to the original owner,except Strings, Cables & String Suppressor Fingers.Only on rare occasions will they cover strings and cables. And this is 98% of the time the dealers call. Now if there is a defect in the string or cables, then I would say yes they will cover them. But not due to wear or use. On a bow a couple or three years old I have not seen them cover these due to wear.And if the dealer does he will most likely eat the cost.I have been working on Mathews,Hoyt,Bowtech,PSE,Martin & XI's and others for years. Even the old Carols cable and Robin Hood bows, back when cables where steel and I have yet to see a manufacturer warranty the strings and cables. I wish they would, I could make a living just changing them.

Surekill, If you have a way of getting these covered please let me know how your doing it. Because to this date I have not found a way.
    Shoot Straight
    Bigfoot [8D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

Shoot Straight,
    Bigfoot [8D]

J.D. your dealer is eatin the cost then if he's replacing strings. When we got the invite last year to Matts bash he had, one of the question I ask was what all was covered. Strings, cables, and suppressors are considered non-covered. If cams are not original, like someone changed cam for draw length, then that is up to the dealer whether they warranty it or not.

As far as limbs go, like the rest said only if you are the original owner snd have proof.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Shoot Straight,
    Bigfoot [8D]

J.D. your dealer is eatin the cost then if he's replacing strings. When we got the invite last year to Matts bash he had, one of the question I ask was what all was covered. Strings, cables, and suppressors are considered non-covered. If cams are not original, like someone changed cam for draw length, then that is up to the dealer whether they warranty it or not.

As far as limbs go, like the rest said only if you are the original owner snd have proof.

All I know there was a post over on Mathews Forum about this and they said they were covered...I can't find it now go figure.
    But I have read where They had replace them before.Maybe the dealer did eat the cost.Try contacting Ron Boin or Steve Flock at Mathews.

Clay did you get ahold of Shooterspal?
    David is a alright guy.
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    Hey Clay....
    You have a reply on AT about a set of limbs.The guy that has them is a Top Notch guy to deal with.

JD I talked to him today and he is sending them in the am.
    thanks