In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Missed

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
Missed a Doe on Wed. Either I shot over her or she ducked or both. Either way, she had a nice stripe shaved across her back. Will try to get out this afternoon if this dang back of mine will allow it.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    sitting up my tree yesterday about 230 and what walks out but a big momma yote with 3 pups took about a 35 yd shoot and arrow went right under her dang i wanted to put her out of my misery so bad other then that only seen one doe about 60 yrds away still a great week in the woods
  • huntergarrethuntergarret Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better a miss than a bad hit.

Sal
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by huntergarret
    Better a miss than a bad hit.

Sal

I agree 100%.
  • Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got to keep after it. Takes a lot of patience to sit for hours in a tree stand. I had a few doe come behind me this evening, too far for a shot.

It is good practice to shoot from a high perch. Shooting at a steep angle does cause the shot to go high.
    edited November -1
    I would have liked to hunt Fri. PM and Sat. AM but this dang back of mine is on the fritz. Was planning on going out tomorrow morning but at my sons JFL game tonight he got an interception and when I celebrated I did something to either my groin or my fake hip. Hurts like heck. I will forgo hunting in the morning and hopefully will be healthy enough to go out tomorrow afternoon.

BTW, I do practice from a stand in the yard.